Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 94 Zx11. I was comteplating playing with my jets. The little C-clips on the jets, what is their purpose. I am sorry to ask, I can rebuild and tune automotive carbs. When I took my KEI carbs apart I was LOST! I I pulled the just out and move them up or down one notch, what effect would I get? Is it better to get a new set of jets and play with thoose?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Do you have a photo of the clip and the part? Does the part look like a needle? I would not look for a set of jets just yet. The part sounds adjustable.

·
Registered
85 Posts
The clips on the needles are for adjusting the mixture of fuel/air on the third stage in your carbs. Lower the clip..richer..raise the clip..leaner...first stage is fuel/air mixture screws..(under the carbs)..if the screw is behind the float bowel..its a air/fuel mixture..if the screw is in front of the float bowel..its a fuel/air mixture screw..second stage is the pilot stage..third is the needles..fourth is the mains

·
Registered
199 Posts
If your ZX11 has never been jetted and is still running an oem pipe save your money on a jet kit. All you need to do is leave the clips in the original slots, BUT add a .020 thick washer under the clip, ie-slide the washer up the needle before inserting the needle into the carb slide.
Step 2: drill a small hole in each of the 4 metal cover that block access to the idle mixture screws. Now take a small screw and turn into the hole you drilled, just enough for it to get a good bite on the metal. take a pair of pliers and pull the screw and the metal plug will come right out. after this is done to all 4 carbs turn the idle mixture screws gently in until they stop, then turn each of them 2 1/2 turns out. You are now all set to go, this setup is almost always spot on for ZX11's. good luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts