Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to this forum, but not to Kawasaki sport bikes. I plan to buy either a new ZX-14 or ZX-10R in the next couple weeks. I currently ride a ZX-9R. I ride to work nearly every day (10 miles), and take longer rides (50-100+ miles) on weekends. I've sat on both at the dealer, and found the 14 a bit more comfortable, but it seems huge. I'll be 50 this year, and am concerned that the 10 might have a little to agressive riding position as I get older, but I'm drawn to its looks and performance. I'm a shorter rider (5'9"). I would love to hear some opinions from different owners, and any older riders like myself. Thanks

·
Registered
683 Posts
are you planning on keeping your ZX9? I think the 10 is similar enough to the 9 to base your opinions off of it. If you like the 9 you'll probably like the 10. but if you're plannin on keeping the 9, why buy the 10? i'd keep the 9 and buy the 14, if you can pull it off financially.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Don't be fooled by the apparent size of the 14, it handles extremely well for such a "big" bike! I think that will be my next bike!!!!

·
Registered
498 Posts
As an owner of a ZX-14, i tell you this, don't be fooled by the size of the 14. It's agility and sheer power is overwhelming even for me. If you think you are small, think again, i'm 5'3" weighting 42 kg and i'm able to handle the mighty 14. Like you, my last bike was a ZX-9R E1 UK spec. Yeah it's riding position is more towards track focused. As for the 14, with it's plush seat, i can seat very comfortably on it and able to do long hauls anytime.

I agree with majority of the post's here. If you have a good financial background, why don't you keep the ZX-9R and buy the 14. You won't regret it. I haven't. Loving every minute of it...

·
Registered
107 Posts
I am 57 years old. 5' 11", used to be 6ft but I am shrinking. I like the 10 (06).
The 14 is just too large for my taste. I like a smaller, lighter bike. My previous ride was a ZX 7. I have always been able to get into the "crouch", and as long as I can, will have a sport bike. I guess you have to decide based on what your body will allow as you get older. I keep myself in pretty good shape by riding and racing bicycles, so am still flexible. Riding to work from Binghamton to Syracuse, NY (about 75 miles each way) presents minimal comfort issues. You can always get adjustable this and that for fine tuning your fit. I put on some Vortex rear sets for adjustability.
Good luck deciding. Either choice is an awesome ride.

·
Registered
288 Posts
are you planning on keeping your ZX9? I think the 10 is similar enough to the 9 to base your opinions off of it. If you like the 9 you'll probably like the 10. but if you're plannin on keeping the 9, why buy the 10? i'd keep the 9 and buy the 14, if you can pull it off financially.
+1

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
like everyone said, if u can keep the old bike and get the 14.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts