Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to this forum, but not to Kawasaki sport bikes. I plan to buy either a new ZX-14 or ZX-10R in the next couple weeks. I currently ride a ZX-9R. I ride to work nearly every day (10 miles), and take longer rides (50-100+ miles) on weekends. I've sat on both at the dealer, and found the 14 a bit more comfortable, but it seems huge. I'll be 50 this year, and am concerned that the 10 might have a little to agressive riding position as I get older, but I'm drawn to its looks and performance. I'm a shorter rider (5'9"). I would love to hear some opinions from different owners, and any older riders like myself. Thanks

·
Registered
498 Posts
As an owner of a ZX-14, i tell you this, don't be fooled by the size of the 14. It's agility and sheer power is overwhelming even for me. If you think you are small, think again, i'm 5'3" weighting 42 kg and i'm able to handle the mighty 14. Like you, my last bike was a ZX-9R E1 UK spec. Yeah it's riding position is more towards track focused. As for the 14, with it's plush seat, i can seat very comfortably on it and able to do long hauls anytime.

I agree with majority of the post's here. If you have a good financial background, why don't you keep the ZX-9R and buy the 14. You won't regret it. I haven't. Loving every minute of it...

·
Registered
9 Posts
As an owner of a ZX-14, i tell you this, don't be fooled by the size of the 14. It's agility and sheer power is overwhelming even for me. If you think you are small, think again, i'm 5'3" weighting 42 kg and i'm able to handle the mighty 14. Like you, my last bike was a ZX-9R E1 UK spec. Yeah it's riding position is more towards track focused. As for the 14, with it's plush seat, i can seat very comfortably on it and able to do long hauls anytime.

I agree with majority of the post's here. If you have a good financial background, why don't you keep the ZX-9R and buy the 14. You won't regret it. I haven't. Loving every minute of it...
+1

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi G-man,

I just got a 14 a few weeks ago. I am 6' 2", 220 lbs and 46 years old. Years ago (took a break from riding for 14 years) I rode a Honda Interceptor and a Honda Saber. I'll tell you that the 14 has the agility of the Interceptor and the comfort of the Saber. The bike is rock-solid when doing the high-speed cruising I like, but also dances in traffic.

I realize I'm bigger than you, but the bike is well balanced...and feels light. It is a pussy cat in the neighborhood and tiger on the hi-way. Good luck with your decision.

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
G-Man

I too just got my 14 just this month rolled in the garage tonight with 1021 miles ready for an oil change # 3 and some heavy throttle time (made it thru the break in) so far i can't disagree with anybody I am also 6'2'' 225lb, and 40 years old and have riden my FJ1200 since 1993 and still love the bike but it was time for a kick in the pants! I was very suprised at how light the bike is in traffic and around town I am getting used to the more forward seating position not all that dramatic but the fj was more upright. The ZX is still a little harder on the wrists in heavy traffic with lots of stopping but on the open road at speed it is very comfortable I have spent a couple of 100 plus mile days on it and still try to think of ways to get off work early to get back on it. It's a freight train at high speed stable and smooth at 100+ still haven't been over 7000 rpm yet but give me a day or so and I'll get back to ya. You won't regret gettin one.:runaway

1 - 5 of 5 Posts