Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not sure if it's just me or if it's the bike but i seem to be having problems shifting past 3rd. I just got this bike (01 ZX6-R) and i'm also new to streetbikes. I think it might be me cause i remember having problems shifting when i rode a dirt bike a year ago. I can shift from 1st to 2nd to 3rd and sometimes i have problems going past 3rd. I was only going around the neighborhood so i wasn't going any faster then 30-45mph. Do i need to be going faster for me to get it past 3rd easier? I can downshift no problem all day, I'm wondering if it's me or the bike.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Actually i think i figured out what the problem is, i just took a close look at the gear shifter lever and it's kinda loose cause the left foot rest is loose and the metal braket (part # 35011-1874) is cracked from the previous owner laying the bike down. Is this a easy fix? And where can i find this part for cheap, the cheapest i found is at www.ronayers.com for 57 bucks.

·
Registered
7 Posts
im have trouble to... i have to reach down with my hand and pull it into gear... After that i can shift through the rest of my gears... Do you have any idea why that is happening???

·
Registered
238 Posts
Check where the foot gear change lever rotates on the footpeg hanger is not restrictive, any drag here can give poor gear changes.

·
Registered
7 Posts
And if that isn't it what should I try next??? I'm really hoping that it's not my shift fork...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts