Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure this has been beat to death before I got here but I'll ask anyway: I'm really interested for those of you who ride 11's, what tires you guys run? Brand, sizes, like could a guy go from a 170/60-17 to a 180/55-17? I'm lookin for a time tested method or opinions. Thanx in advance~

·
Registered
131 Posts
Like ive said in another thread....I personally like AVON tires and have had good luck but thats just me.

http://www.avon-tyres.co.uk/motorcycle/

As far as the tire fit. You can go to wider tires but too wide can be dangerous. I am just assuming you want the wider look? I think someone told me onnce that tire height should be kept the same from stock for the best ride. Meaning (180 width) / (55 sidewall height) / 17 Rim but I could be making things up. But you could put a wider tire on if that helps.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dan, I really don't care bout a wider look, I'm after the best performace and Safety. I mean the 170/60 thats on it is plenty wide. This is my first 11 and I've owned beater bikes in the past and ran the crap tires on them. I have Contiforce treds on it but I'm not sure I like em'.

·
Registered
131 Posts
If you are looking for safety you should run the size that originally came on the bike. They put that size tire on there for a reason so thats pretty much what you should stick with. I personally like some softer tires too for alittle more traction but they wear so fast that I tend to go alittle harder. But stock size will treat you right then.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts