Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yea guys there is a transmission on ebay..and I think it came out of a c model..will this work in my d model? Guys says it has a 1.75 output spacer..so does that mean if I change the spacer it will work in mine?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Yes, tranny is interchangeable between C and D. But if you use a C's tranny, you MUST use a C's front sprocket.

Also, take note that Kawasaki slightly undercutted some gears on the D model; so D's tranny is a lightly better choice. But it will work for sure.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Kool thanks claude I think iam gonna bid on it...but if it goes to high Might just get Dogs on mine replaced, hell really dont know which would be cheaper to do, what do you think?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Yes, tranny is interchangeable between C and D. But if you use a C's tranny, you MUST use a C's front sprocket.
But it works the other way around. I put D-model gears in my C model and used the D's front sprocket. It lines up perfectly with the rear sprocket. The spacer behind the D's sprocket is wider because the sprocket is flat. The C's is dish-shaped and uses a thinner spacer. The chain lines up the same... on mine anyway.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts