Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I'm brand new to the forum and just got a 95 zx7. I got it started and went for a test ride. It wouldn't go into 2nd so I turned around to go home and it stalled. Went to start it and its stuck in gear. I can't get it to go into any gear or neutral. Another thing is when I did get it all the way down was neutral. Any suggestions?

Sent from my Desire HD using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Banned
3,608 Posts
When you can't get it into gear is it running or off? Sounds like the clutch isnt disengaging.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Both. Running and off it is stuck but it was in neutral to begin with. I haven't checked anything yet it happened today and I'm trying to get ideas. Thanks

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The green neutral light stays on even in gear now. And I've tried to put in neutral with the clutch but stuck in gear

·
Registered
4,009 Posts
no prob, they used to sell a quick shifter star thingy maybe you should look into it, if it's the problem, and don't quote me cause I've never had to do it but I think you need to remove the clutch for looking at this, been like 6+ years since I took my motorcycle repair course, you might want to look in the repair manual for your bike to verify all that's required

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Somethings wrong with the clutch. I had the clutch all the way down and the bike wanted to take off

·
Registered
4,009 Posts
I kinda ruled out the clutch cause you said you could move the bike freely when it was pulled in, but I also was not thinking about the 7's having a hydraulic clutch system, try replacing/bleeding your system and see if that helps, that's about all I can think I've never messed with them systems before, all my bikes been cable so far.

where you able to shift to a different gear?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
By hand I could change gears and I am going to bleed the system thanks

1 - 13 of 13 Posts