Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recently purchased 2002 Zx9r with 9500 miles. Immediately after purchasing the bike, the transmission started making a whining noise. After about 200 miles, the noise got so bad that I decided to take the motor apart. Besides some bluing of the gears, I really couldn't find anything the matter with it. I went ahead and rebuilt transmission and put bearings in the motor while I was at it. I also change the two oil lines in the bottom and side of the case. After putting it all back together and trying it, it's starting to make noise again. Does anybody have any ideas?

·
Banned
3,608 Posts
Timing chain to tight?

·
Premium Member
15,095 Posts
Drive chain too tight stressing the output shaft?

·
Premium Member
3,675 Posts
This might not help but thought I add it. In my powertrain class, we talk about gears and type if cuts. What type are the gears? Straight spur gears will be will be noisy. How is your clutch linkage and do you have the right amount of free play in the clutch handle? Could be that its not fulling in gaged or adjusted wrong and something is rubbing. But if you torn into, then you would see it. If i was you and had the tools. I would spec it out and see if your in spec. You will need a telescoping gauges, micrometer, feeler gauges, and I think that's it.

ZX9R next best thing to Sex.

·
Premium Member
3,675 Posts
For got to add dial indicator, depth gauge, and splitting ball gauge. If you need holes measures. Maybe calipers but a micrometer is better.

ZX9R next best thing to Sex.

·
Quinton Phuckin Tarantino
18,914 Posts
Hard to tell from the info provided but blue gears are really bad . There is a lot of heat going on there somewhere . I would start looking at things like bad bearings and bent shafts or as stated the chain too tight .

1 - 7 of 7 Posts