Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I everyone. I was very happy when I found this KAWASAKI Fórum. It's my first message, so here you have a presentation. I'm 30 years old, live in Portugal and own a STX1300, wich I like, but to too much eheh. I'm a big fan of Kawasaki. I had a ZX9R'98, a ZX9R'99 and a fantastic ZZR1100'96. I'm almost sick about GTR 1400, because I need a Kawasaki. I miss the sound and power of a Kawasaki four-in-line... ZZR 1400 would be the one, but now I need also a confortable and more "up-to marriage" motorcycle!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well, I have to say that even the GTR doesn't seem perfect. The exaust pipe is horrible, it should have 2 like ZZR. The arm position seem a litle sporty and the passengers foot rests have no rubber. However, the overal impression is very good.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I sold my ZX-12R and recently bought an ST1300 for the same reason you rode an ST1300 and want to buy a GTR: comfort. I think I will buy a GTR asap to get some more power (and stability...).

·
Registered
28 Posts
Ola Pedro,
Não posso estar mais de acordo. A verdade e que vendi a minha velhinha Pan de 1991 em Novembro de 2006 para comprar a nova GTR, devo fazer inteira justiça pois foi uma mota que NUNCA me deixou ficar mal e super economica na manutenção (era eu que fazia praticamente tudo) coisa que nao vai ser possive com a nova GTR :) no entanto confesso que a unica coisa que nunca gostei foi a sonoridade do motor também eu tenho saudades do 4 em linha. Um abraço e boa sorte ja levo 5 meses de sacrificio ha espera da nova mota ... ate quando vou aguentar:banghead

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hi,
Very sorry you are right I simply didnt find out how to do it :banghead
I am in the hospital since 4 of April and one of the reason i guess it is caused for the GTR waiting stress... Dont happen again!
All the best.
Rui

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hi,
<snip> one of the reason i guess it is caused for the GTR waiting stress... <snip>
Sorry to hear that, Rui. Don't let a motorbike get to you this way.:headscratch I, too, was anxiously waiting for the GTR1400 since last Fall, then the whole circus started...:rant delays, conjectures, hoaxes, lack of information etc.
So I decided: who needs this crap. Forget about the GTR for this year at least. They'll see my EUR 16,000 when they finally tell me how much the damn thing weighs. :angry

Get well soon :cheers

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Now I realise that this GTR forum is almost a hospital, with many GTR's deseases and pacients eheh. I sincerily hope that Kawasaki will fullfill our expectations. Regards.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I, too, was anxiously waiting for the GTR1400 since last Fall, then the whole circus started... delays, conjectures, hoaxes, lack of information etc.
So I decided: who needs this crap. Forget about the GTR for this year at least. They'll see my EUR 16,000 when they finally tell me how much the damn thing weighs.
I certainly can agree with the frustration with Kawasaki for not telling us how much it weighs. Anyone who is considering buying one, having been enticed by the advance information from Kawasaki, should want to know how much it weighs, and it doesn't show consideration on the part of Kawasaki to withhold that information from us at this point.

However, to keep things in a balanced perspective, in order to have a circus, you have to have elephants, which we have not had. Conjecture is something that we enthusiasts do, and if Kawasaki had not officially acknowledged the bike, the conjecture would be even worse, with all sorts of bogus information coming from every corner, including the popular magazines. A year ago, Cycle World showed a picture speculating on what it would look like. Even though that picture was just a hacked up picture of the ZX-14, which did not even hint at the fancy rear suspension, they later boasted that they had "Nailed it!" (http://www.cycleworld.com/article.asp?section_id=4&article_id=189)
From my perspective, it is better that I have the various images and information that we now have, than it would be to have only speculative misinformation such as that silly picture from Cycle World. I don't know anything about any "hoaxes", and even though there is still a lot of stuff that we would like to know, such as the weight, we have a lot more information than is typical for a model that has not yet been officially released.

Having said that, I certainly do agree that it would be nice to know the weight.

·
Registered
67 Posts
<snip> I don't know anything about any "hoaxes", <snip>
Having said that, I certainly do agree that it would be nice to know the weight.

K-S

Come on, you haven't read about the recent sighting of Elvis riding a GTR down the Blue Ridge Parkway ? :evil :evil :evil
While board-hopping I come across some very creative reports on the GTR's specs and exact delivery dates (some you can find on this forum, too) :mfclap Call them hoaxes, call them people with a lot of time on their hands.
Yes, amigo, if I knew about the weight I'd still consider running to the Kawi dealer and trading in my FJR, in spite of some cheesy details that are still present on the pre-production model Beansbaxter has just put on the forum.
Absent that factor, however, it's the 2009 model I'll be saving $$$ for.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Well, if that is what you mean by a hoax, then about 99% of what you read on these Internet forums qualifies as hoax. I thought you meant that Kawasaki had comitted some sort of hoax.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Hell, no...
That's wild stuff, far too creative for them. They don't even answer e-mails :nana
Hmmm. I wouldn't entirely rule out the slim possibility that you might have sent them an email in which you vented some of that frustration that you have been reluctant to share with us :smile !

Now, I'm just kidding of course. But seriously, it is possible that they get hundreds or thousands of emails asking for information about the model. The best that they could realistically be expected to do is to send all of them a canned response, which wouldn't do you any more good than no response at all.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts