Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
VP Whoring
14,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was thinking about ordering a little bit of touch up paint from colorrite, was wondering if anyone had experience with it. I know if i was doing a whole fairing it would be nice and smooth job, but is it possible just to apply touch up without removing the fairing and sand it a little? Does the colorrite green match the kawi green enough to just dab some on?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
8,388 Posts
i've used colorrite paint and its a perfect match to my paint, not the touch up though, full pints

·
VP Whoring
14,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i think its the same paint, just a small bottle with brush applicator.
did you use it just on touch up spots? how did you prep/finish. Im just trying to cover a couple nicks and scuffs in the paint

·
Premium Member
8,388 Posts
no i painted my whole tank hah but my friend just got some for his for touch up on a scuffed fairing. i'll try to see if he did it yet

·
VP Whoring
14,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks man, let me know. Take a pic if you get a chance.

·
Premium Member
8,388 Posts
i would think if you did a decent job blending it in it would come out nicely

·
VP Whoring
14,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just have never dealt with clearcoats and wonder if its necessary to put one on the touch ups or how to sand into it.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
If you want it to look good then you will need to clear coat the whole piece to make it perfectly uniform. If I'm not mistaken though the touch ups are most likely a urethane that has clear mixed in with it and the clear will rise to the surface during the curing and leave the finished paint shiny. Unfortunately since you are applying it with a brush there will inevitably be brush marks in it so when you go to try to sand it smooth you will remove the clear coat and therefore some of the glossiness as well. For really small repairs after a couple coats of good clear synthetic wax it will hardly be noticeable though, depending on the color that you are repairing it might look fine, or else it will look like shit. Blacks are the worst and white it's hard tp go wrong with the other colors falling somewhere in-between.

·
VP Whoring
14,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks Mike, the brush marks and over sanding are what im worried about. Might try going the wax route too. I really dont wanna pull the whole piece off to paint, i just want to cover a couple spots. So i might buy the small bottle from colorrite and try it somewhere hidden on the fairing. Or maybe ill just get a new set of fairings.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts