Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it just me or is the new zx6r a rack- my ass and hands are not digging it! I think the seat is breaking in somewhat- or I am getting used to it- but this may be the first bike i have had to adjust the clip ons- on. My Y2K ZX9R is like a caddy compared to this thing. Whats everyone elses take on it?

·
Registered
101 Posts
I find it loads more comfortable than I thought it would be (6ft, 93kgs, long limbs). Compared to the YZF750 I owned a few years ago the whole package is compact and the seat actually quite plush.

my right wrist goes to sleep after about 30 mins of freeway riding from holding the throttle open. I need cruise control.
Ditto with the throttle, it's very light and easy to use. My previous bike was a VFR800 and the throttle on that needed a gorilla to hold it open on long runs.

Ok, it's no armchair but not sure why you guys are finding it so bad.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
getting used to i guess- I have bikes from royal stars to ninjas and adapt to everything weel. The big cruisers oftentimes are harder on the back and shoulders than the sportbikes- but the 6 is def the hardest on the hands of anything i have ridden in the last 30 yrs. I am 510- so the extra gorrilla arm you have a 6ft might make a diffrence.

·
Registered
19 Posts
yeah i wasnt expecting the 6r to be as comfortable as it is sitting on it in the dealership, i was tempted to buy the gsxr just on its street manners alone, but the 6r is just soooo bad i had to have it

im 6'3" and maybe that works in my favor, although i thought it would make the riding position more cramped. i find i can sit straight up anywhere on the saddle, grip it with my knees, and keep a relaxed grip on the throttle. remember, you need to be controlling the bike with your hands, not stabilizing it with your hands, that is your legs job, and you should be supporting your weight on the balls of your feet

your quads and hamstrings are the biggest muscle group in your body, not your wrists and hands! also try sliding forwards in the saddle when youre a little uncomfortable, just be sure to lift yourself up over bumps or your balls will not be happy

·
Registered
101 Posts
im 6'3" and maybe that works in my favor, although i thought it would make the riding position more cramped. i find i can sit straight up anywhere on the saddle, grip it with my knees, and keep a relaxed grip on the throttle. remember, you need to be controlling the bike with your hands, not stabilizing it with your hands, that is your legs job, and you should be supporting your weight on the balls of your feet

your quads and hamstrings are the biggest muscle group in your body, not your wrists and hands! also try sliding forwards in the saddle when youre a little uncomfortable, just be sure to lift yourself up over bumps or your balls will not be happy
Some good advice there :clap

The 6R is the best bike I've even ridden for gripping the tank and removing weight from the arms / hands. Biggest problem I have is that it's so compact I'm struggling to move around on it to hang off in corners. Still I never was that good at the hanging off bit. If my knee scrapes the tarmac it's usually swiftly followed by the sound of metal and plastic destroying itself :rotflmao

·
Registered
56 Posts
agreed....after a good 2 hour ride my ass and wrists are cramped really bad but thats the price we pay for having bad ass bikes i guess

·
Registered
75 Posts
i have to rest my left arm on the gas tank and slide back a little, it usually helps...my wrists make this cracking noise now whenever i make a twisting motion

...bbuuuuttt i wouldnt have it any other way

1 - 12 of 12 Posts