Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody tried to torque the oil filter on thier 07 ZX6R to the specified torque in the owners manual. I think it might break something to get it that tight. Either that or my damn torque wrench is way out of wack. :tard

·
Registered
24 Posts
I think it's crazy that there is a torque spec at all. Every car I've ever worked on is just hand tight for the oil filter.

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
Yeah I thought my 14 manual was wrong too 20Ft lbs on a oil filter sems a bit high haven't got an answer back yet from the dealer.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Now we all know why none of us could get our original filters off without destroying them. They torqued the S**t out of them!!!:headscratch

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
Sister has a zuk GSXR600 helped her with her 500 oil change it states right on the filter to "turn to contact and turn 2 full turns after". Seems a lot more practical. I put my 14 filter back on and just went as tight as I could hand tighten figured that was a happy medium. I have a set of cheap oil filter wrenches from Harbor Freight tools (5.00) the small one fits the motorcycle filters ,uses 3/8 drive socket wrench and does a decent job of breakin em loose without haven to destroy them ,lot neater too.:rofl :rofl :rofl

1 - 8 of 8 Posts