Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not had the chance of full throttle YET, but the bloke i have just bought my bike off is a biking nut nut and has made quite a few mods to this animal,akrapovic race can dynojet tested (138.4) its a 98 zx9r c1

any ideas of top end?

not sure which reviews to believe!

nice 1

THE BLACK SHADOW

·
Registered
462 Posts
prob 110, 120, if you have a wind MAYBE 130.:nana

Don't rely on speedos for top speed runs! My friend has a cell phone that has a GPS function on it that can also moniter speed! Greatest phone ever! As soon as I get my head taken care of I'll be using it to run!

(my bike head btw!)

(as in the cylinder head on my bike...)

·
Registered
683 Posts
Top end as in top speed? I'm confident that bike will go over 160mph. Probably faster.
T

·
Premium Member
4,424 Posts
280 km +........ whats that in miles?
will pull hard and fast to 240-260 km then slow down.

·
Registered
157 Posts
bout 185 on the speedo, then a zx14 walked me down like I was standing still so not that fast I guess!

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
cheers chaps

will let you know just how accurate you are as soon as london sees some sunshine

THE BLACK SHADOW

·
Registered
498 Posts
My previous bike was a ZX-9R E1 (year 2000 model) and coincidently once i tested top speed with a 1998 ZX-9R. Using GPS phone, the 98 model managed 280km/h and my 2000 model managed 295km/h. Not sure in mph but 300km/h = 186mph.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nice One Think That Should Keep Me Grinning!

The Black Shadow

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
very true

when will they just except its ok for bikes to do at least double the speed limit!

THE BLACK SHADOW

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Happy As Larry!

Finally Had My Chance Today, Wrenched The Throttle And Hit Warp Speed 50! AKA 170 AND SHE FELT LIKE SHE STILL HAD SOME DEEP DOWN WHRENCHING TO GO

Happy Days Are Here Again

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

pretty much top end

bring on the busa turbs

·
Registered
3 Posts
probably get about 190 out of her. just get ya nut tucked down behind that screen when ya do it or your gonna rip ya head off.

you dont wanna be known as the headless shadow.

:banghead :mfclap :banghead

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
probably get about 190 out of her. just get ya nut tucked down behind that screen when ya do it or your gonna rip ya head off.

you dont wanna be known as the headless shadow.

:banghead :mfclap :banghead
kite hill here i come with a f**k off stoppie at the bottom!

4 rizzle my nizzle

·
Registered
23 Posts
had this bike a week tomorrow...only hit 135,...
but effortlessly, and i wasnt aware untill i looked down , and went ...wooooaaa...then i happened to catch the last streak of a 25 mph sign zoom past me...

(rural oregon makes no sence, yes a 25 mph in the middle of nowhere)

I will update as i hit the higher marks, i figure it should be good for atleast 165.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.