Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my 05 zx6r about 5 or 6 weeks ago. I have road bikes before but nothing with this much power, just wondering what is the top speed on it?
I put a power commder, yosh. pipe, and a K&N filter in it , if that helps with your answer.

I hit 161mph. today and I think it had more.

·
Registered
304 Posts
160? Pretty fast for 6. Speedo's are off by a % I forget. Be safe, I hope it was on the track or a nice country road with just you and a cornfield.

·
Registered
51 Posts
my bike is stock, i would say that it wouldent go any faster than 186, i was already at 15.5k at 183, im going to put it on a dyno soon, and get hp tq, and im going to have him do an actual top speed run, so whatever it tops out in 6th we will get a roller reading for speed, instead of indicated, wich as he mentioned can be off.

·
Registered
24 Posts
has anyone tried the speedo corrector available? supposed to keep you from putting extra miles on also which keeps the bikes value a little higher. anyone with words on this? I am still in the break in period so I can't say top speed yet.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for the info . And nice video , I will have to do that. when i do it I will post it.

And yes it was on a good open road safety first !!!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Top End for me

I have pretty much the same set up but I allso have The Bss Nitros system
and have seen 180 but I felt like I was about to get a chest full of piston's.
also the run was on a 4 mile straight away and it also had a 6% down grade
the temp was 62 deg F and their was no wind .
hope this helps :crazyloco

·
Registered
604 Posts
bogie3 said:
I got my 05 zx6r about 5 or 6 weeks ago. I have road bikes before but nothing with this much power, just wondering what is the top speed on it?
I put a power commder, yosh. pipe, and a K&N filter in it , if that helps with your answer.

I hit 161mph. today and I think it had more.
I hit 165mph with light head-on wind!!! I also had a big back-pack on my back, that could of knocked off +/-5mph!!!

·
Registered
26 Posts
:banghead i hit 160 but it wasn't giving up at all i gave up, only got a yosh slip on
Do you think that the 07's will have this kind of power even though they are getting rid of the 636? I heard they were supposed to because of the redesign but just looking for some opinions out there.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I think the kawi digital speedo's don't read over 186. When I did my dyno run on the 636, it stopped at 186, and I haven't had an opportunity to test the 10R in that regard. Realistic, actual top speed is probably in the 155-160 range.

·
Registered
51 Posts
ah well i thought i should also add, mine hit 183 indicated...
but on a dyno it hits 166.6 actual wheelspeed, thats how far off the speedo is.

·
Registered
92 Posts
ah well i thought i should also add, mine hit 183 indicated...
but on a dyno it hits 166.6 actual wheelspeed, thats how far off the speedo is.
really? 166 thats it? i know 600's can go faster than that stock, at least 175 if not more...but then agained i've never seen a top speed run on a dyno...but it most mags u read they say they can pull 280 km/h (dono what that is in mph, assume is somewhere round the 175 mark) or somewhere arround there.... fastest the cops have ever clocked me was 190 km
:banghead..that was a pricy ticket

D

·
0 Posts
That's so wrong! I need a newer bike! I've got an 86' ZX1000R and the best I got er' up to has been 245 Kph. Love the ol' girl though ride er till she dies.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts