Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know alot of us here have had or still ride 11's. What is you top speed in first gear?

·
Registered
161 Posts
And be careful with that. These motors don't get oil to the top of the motor at high RPM's held for any length of time. Also they have a notoriously weak clutch basket. I forget the name of the company now but someone makes an oil bypass kit to eliminate the oil-starving condition and another place makes billet baskets to solve that problem.

·
Registered
16 Posts
mine runs a little over 85 in first had it to 175 in 6 got there really fast.but it will be the last time just had to really open it up one time.

·
Registered
683 Posts
I did the same thing! Not sure of the rpms or mph, but I had it at the top of 6th. At that speed the world was flying by awfully fast. I was looking dead ahead and was too scared of taking my eyes off the road to look down at the gauges. I had to do that one time, but don't plan on doing it again. Though once I had my camera-phone out and took a picture of my gauges with the speedo reading 145! Another stupid thing that I don't plan on repeating.
T

·
Registered
16 Posts
next time you do that i would ask for the pic but next time might be the last.these older bikes still will run with just about anything out there on the high way

·
Registered
208 Posts
Very true. Kawasaki did quite a few things RIGHT with this model.
Big gas tank for nice range between fill-ups; Excellent fairing-wind protection-built-in turn signals not flopping around; Great finish job on dash area with a tiny, locking glove compartment perfect for cigarettes/cigars or a cell phone; Great power; Excellent handling considering size and weight of bike; Great overall look and design (I always get compliments on it when I'm out), etc., etc.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts