Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
last night i was out taking a little spin and a newschooler pulls up on me ,giving me the hey lets race face .well i dont do that type of stuff but he made it seem like my ol 98 11 just wasnt the shit anymore well i got pissed an called his bluff .keep in mind i just got the bike .but to make it short i bust his azz for hwy 183 underpass in irving to northwest hwy in dallas which is about a mile or2 .thing is i dont know if i should have ran her like that but these young guys on these new bikes need too respect the true muscle beast that a 11 is .
what do you think?

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
I agree that sometimes the young-uns need a lesson or two... but what are you worried about with your ride saying "I don't know if I should have ran her like that"?

The bike is meant to go... can't you feel it when you're putt putting around... you can almost hear the bike saying "C'mon....let's go... I'm ready for this!"

Or am I the only one that hears my bike talk to me??

LOL

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i hear it too

yeah i hear it but i see all the problems posted an im not trying to post one myself ive only had it for almost a week .i never hear people talking about the speed of the bike here only problems an parts, hell damn near thought they were just for cruisin HELL NAW NOT ME .

·
Registered
94 Posts
These bikes have some problems but I have had really good luck with mine it has had some issuses but for the most part it has been a great bike I have had it for 11 years and its a 94. The bike is still a rocket and performs like any new bike, and in my opinon still looks great. So ride her like you stoled it, as they say!

·
Registered
449 Posts
Yeah, I hate new guys that are swollen with a false sense of pride, I would have done the same thing. BTW,I roasted a RF and a mid 90's dyna-wide the other day. I love it. Pretty hard to contend with the 11's,even today's bikes fall short.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Yeah, my '01 still runs just like new (actually better with the full Muzzy, jet kit, K&N, and ignition advancer), even with over 76K on the clock. I've had excellent luck with mine, no problems ever (of course I only run Motul 300-V full synthetic).

Looks are of course awesome. Notice how the Big 4 are now building sport and sport touring bikes with styling similarities to the Mighty ZX11, like built-in turn signals, nicely finished dash, rear seat bungie hooks (though the ZX11 has always had the best of these), nice solid color, etc.

As for power and smokin' a local squid from a stoplight, ain't nothin' for the Mighy ZX11. With a skilled and experienced rider aboard, (like most of us anyway), The Mighty ZX always puts on a great show. Just gotta watch those speed limits!

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Hey Cajun... I'm a little guilty of it too... we were out on a ride the other night and on our way home encountered a rider on an older F4i.

Now there was about 8 of us when we rolled up on him at a stoplight. I guess he thought that he was quick because when the light turned, he twisted grip like the green flag just dropped. We laughed, and then rolled up on him at the next red light. Same thing happened.

When we got to the next light, my buddy on an '03 600RR looked over and winked at me. Light turns green and we launched, him on the 6, and me on the 10.

At the next intersection (country roads, long blocks) we pulled into a gas station and my buddies were killing themselves laughing... said my bike looked like an airplane taking off... 1st gear front tire lifted almost straight up... came down, hit second... straight up... came down and barely got into 3rd when it was time to start slowing up for petrol.

Yes... sometimes they need to see that they aren't all that. :rotflmao

·
Registered
161 Posts
Last week me and 2 friends were out on our bikes ( my zx11 and 2 guys on cbr xx1100's) and first of all I am NOT one for taking turns at high speeds (one might even say I don't have chicken strips, I got the whole damn bird) but after hearing the one guy on his xx talk all about how the cbr took the top speed crown from the zx11 in 98 we went out for a little "run". The other xx is turbo charged and a non factor in this because all I see is the tail light. All I'm going to say is that his bike is in the shop trying to figure out whats "wrong" with it because in a straight line..............:nana

·
Registered
88 Posts
I agree that sometimes the young-uns need a lesson or two... but what are you worried about with your ride saying "I don't know if I should have ran her like that"?

The bike is meant to go... can't you feel it when you're putt putting around... you can almost hear the bike saying "C'mon....let's go... I'm ready for this!"

Or am I the only one that hears my bike talk to me??

LOL

i have a zx10 and i here the same thing brother:smile

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Still better than an actual "girlfriend" though.... they only give you trouble for the things you already did.... this one lures you into it.

Just remember...
A good friend will bail you out of jail.
A best friend will be sitting right beside you saying..."Well... we really f&@#ed up this time huh?"

:rotflmao

·
Registered
7 Posts
Down hard on my 94, broken pelvis, hip, back, arm. Serious yard sale. Two helicopter rides. Down six months. Bike totalled. Kept what was left. Went out on my crutches with my kid and put a battery in her and remote gas tank and she fired right up, so soon as I could function I started buying parts and she sits in my garage next to my 99. Ive slowed down but still spend plenty of time with both my girls. (dont tell my wife!) Now thats a bike talking to you!!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.