Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

Took my camera with me on my daily morning ride up the Ridge

5K views 16 replies 14 participants last post by  KawiNoob 
#1 ·
#5 ·
It's a pretty sweet road. Its 17 miles long and starts less than a mile from my house. This time of year the sun is up by 5:30 AM so you can get up, have a bowl of cereal, throw on your gear and go riding by 6:00.

Today I went all the way to the top with out seeing a single car. There are no side roads or cops. The park ranger starts up at 7:30 AM every day. If I'm still up there that late I just pull over, take a break and wave at him as he drives by.

:crazyloco

I just keep going up and down until I run low on gas or my legs get tired. I really need to get a life :smile

Jealous yet? No?

I work on the main street leading to the Ridge Road, Race St. And I'm self employed and work at home. My office window faces the street. This time of year I often keep my bike on Ready Alert; tanked up and in the driveway and leave my gear handy after my morning ride. I do this so that when I'm siting here working and I see a dozen Ducati's or the B.C. All womens motorcycle club cruise by I can catch up with them at the Park Toll Both and see if any one wants to play.

Of course having the home field advantage and having just been up there that morning and knowing where any new rock fall or gravel spots are I usually kick their ass. :thefinger

But in a friendly way :rolleyes

#11 ·
It's a Sony DSC-H1 Cost less than $300

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-Cybershot-Digital-Camera-Steady/dp/B0007WIC1K/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/002-2800209-3427252?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1182385311&sr=8-1

If you haven't checked out digital cameras lately there are some amazing cameras out there for not a lot of money. I bought my first digital camera 10 years ago, paid over a thousand for it and sucks compared to this one.

I had to shrink these photos to 40% to get them down to 1024x768. Below is a small portion of a portrait photo I took of my wife from 7 or 8 feet shown actual size (5.1 megapixel) You can count the hairs on her head and see the threads of here sweater.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.