Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
1990 Kawasaki ZXR750H2
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
The procedure is explained in Haynes manual although it is not very clear. But as you said it can be figured out and at least in that point when someone tries to adjust the rebound.

·
Registered
1990 Kawasaki ZXR750H2
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #42 (Edited)
I went to my garage to work on my ZXR but I did nothing but damage!
I had a bright idea to heat the reservoir with small gas burner. All went quite well and I ”welded” the cracked area to which seemed to be a healthy surface. Then I tested it with compressed air and a bucket of water. There was a massive air leak around the part which attaches the container to the frame. Obviously it had got damage when the bike had been dropped on the right side. So I continued repairs with my gas burner and when it seemed to be ok, I let it cool down a bit. Then I pressed the area with my thumb and it fell in like an eggshell. I should have realised that the material was not only old and fragile it lost its flexibility after the heat treatment.

·
Registered
1990 Kawasaki ZXR750H2
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #44

A possible new location for smaller coolant reservoir. I won’t use a Coke can for reservoir :LOL:

·
Registered
1990 Kawasaki ZXR750H2
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
I think I got the coolant reservoir problem solved. A used reservoir from 450 LTD was available and cost only 10€ (roughly $11). I hope to get it by mail soon.
Meanwhile, I put the TPMS monitor on the front fairing frame where it’s easy to see and take off. Auto power shut-off saves the rechargeable battery. It shows tyre temp and at the moment it is about right showing garage temp too.

·
Registered
1990 Kawasaki ZXR750H2
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Some modifications: clutch fluid reservoir moved lower and forward for better view of the speedometer.
Bracket for usb charger/battery voltage/outside temp display. Not yet connected for power.
I might make a new bracket to hold both TPMS and usb charger.

·
Premium Member
6,564 Posts
I like what you're doing with this build. This will be a great bike to ride anywhere.

·
Registered
1990 Kawasaki ZXR750H2
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Thanks :) I really can’t wait to go on first ride on this bike!
There’s still a few things to do.

·
Registered
1990 Kawasaki ZXR750H2
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
I got the ”new” coolant reservoir. A quick look showed surprisingly easy installation on the same location as the original reservoir although the two are very different in design. Only slight modification of bracket is needed. It will be tight fit but can be done.

·
Registered
1990 Kawasaki ZXR750H2
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
New coolant reservoir tank in a tight place between frame beam and side fairing. Donor was Kawasaki LTD 450. I hope that the lower fairing bolts can still be put in place.
Coolant tank is a little overfilled because the hose running from the bottom is 45 degrees tilted up.

·
Registered
1990 Kawasaki ZXR750H2
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Something nostalgic popped out from my archives. Team Kawasaki Road Race sticker from late-70’s/early 80’s. I remember saving that sticker for some Kawasaki I would own in future years.
Do you guys think I should honor the ZXR with this classic emblem?
I think that ZXR750H2 is well worthy ;)
The front fender is maybe not the best place. I’ll put it in place when the bike is all set for the road :cool:

41 - 51 of 51 Posts