Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today was a bad day coming back from seeing my lady leave to go home on her bike a old guy in a black 67 la sabre pulled out in front of me so i switched to the right lane and he decided to come on over with me since he was maiking a left hand turn so needless to say i hit his front left quarter panel and tire and for some reason my bike stopped right there and left me flying thru the air over his hood so i had no choice to but to do a ninja roll when i hit the pavement and jump up and ask him "what the f*ck is wrong with you didnt you see me?" to which i got the response " the sun was setting i didnt even see you" so i ran back to my bike that was on his other side to get out of traffic and found out that my 10r had a rim that wasnt round and a tire that was flat and both sides of my frame were cracked with gap of about 2-3 inches as well as my front wheel wouldn,t steer so when the cop came he wrote a ticket out for the deserving gentleman, so after i got my bike home tonight and started pulling my atre off the bike that needless to say his insurance company is not going to pay me for i have to find out which wires go back in the stock wiring harnesss as well as taking detailed pictures how my frame is cracked, how the rear mount for my gas tank is no longer intact to the frame and all the general purpose pictures of all the damage, as well as pictures of my right leg where my bike tried keep me on and bruised/deeply scuffed my leg up. all pictures that i will post up once i find time tommorrow to help me prove my point, a point that has been stated many times and one that i hope no one else has to deal with, that being when you are on two wheels, always be on the defensive bc people on four wheels just dont give a da*m about us and dont have a problem pulling out even when they cant see and hope for the best, so as everything stands now i guess i have to look at the glass half full instead of half empty so best case scenario his insurance will pay for my bike and i can buy it from the insurance company for a decent prices since the engine/transmision/body on the the back half of the bike is still good and i can find another baby in the form of a 06 zx10r yellow colored and go through the process of breaking her in and riding keeping it away from all the four wheelers that dont play fair, enough said everyone else please be safe and realize that its you against the world no one else about you on the bike, let everyone you know that doesnt ride to "look twice motorcyles are everywhere" a point that i will try to show everyone else i know not with a bumper sticker but a one of many pieces of yellow fiberglass and pictures of what happens when you dont, so even now as i type this with the sound of my bike hitting metal and dumping me off playing and replaying in my mind along with the appreciation that i can sit here and type this with no broken bones and without a broken spine/ neck like so many of our fellow bike riders end up,but with only broken skin and bruises and soreness thats will last for a week but what i consider a cheap unneccesary price i pay for a very valuable lesson, be carefull and watch out for the other people that dont realize what i means to ride a bike

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Sorry for your accident, but as I sit here still typing with a broken wrist that was misdiagnosed originally for 8 months, two surgeries and more pending, and still pain that limits me from doing the things that I love, as well as I used to do them.... I'm happy that you walked away virtually unscathed.

It sucks, but you are correct, we need to drive defensively, and always be on the lookout for what the next cager will do.

I'm glad that you weren't seriously injured, and that you're back up and riding again soon.

·
Registered
129 Posts
It's good to know your OK... I know for a fact ppl don't even look twice when a bike is coming. They just pull out. I had two old women pull out of a resturant right in front of me, they didn't even look. So when they were turning onto a side street, I got next to their window and gave them an earfull of Akrapovic bolt-ons!!!:thefinger

·
Registered
200 Posts
wow, sorry to hear your misfortune bro. hope all works out with your insurance and glad to hear you weren't badly injured. hope you are back on 2 wheels soon, and the cagers stay away from you

·
Registered
103 Posts
I would be really pissed too if i were you. Least you weren't hurt that bad. A bike is a bike but can't put a price on yourself!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Sorry to hear about your unfortunate luck man, I have a friend who rides a GSXR1000 and 2 times within last week alone he had 2 different cars pull out in front of him taking him out. Unfortunately, the 2nd time ended the life of the bike, but fortunately he was only scratched.

I was recently in a bike accident myself, was sent tumbling/flipping on a friends ZX10R when his back tire slid out and I went off the road doing 60 mph. I managed to stand up immediately with only scratches, a huge bruise on my left leg, swollen right knee and a bad case of poison ivy but my life still intact.

The bike can be replaced man, your life can't! Be careful out there bro, you'll be back on the road soon. Good luck with your situation!

·
Registered
291 Posts
I am glad you werent seriously hurt dude! I was almost killed and hospitalized for some time because of a similar situation. You will get another bike, just be sure to look alive when comming through those intersections...

·
Registered
94 Posts
Hey man glad to here your not hurt to bad. That sucks that people don't even pay attention to motorcycles. when I Ride my Motto is like I have heard before. You have to ride like everyone is out to kill you.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Glad to hear your OK!

Had a very similar experiance about a year ago. I swerved out of the way of a on-comming 4 wheeler in an intersection and took my chances with a ditch on the side of the road. http://www.zxforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=706
Funny moral about my story is if the 4 wheelers dont get ya, the pigs will. When I got up out of the ditch spitting grass out from behind my helmet, I was pleasently greated by a sherrif writing me a wreckless driving ticket.:cussing I beat the case without a lawyer but needless to say we get no respect from anyone cept fellow riders.

Look out for each other out there!

·
Registered
80 Posts
i'd like to know why his insurance isn't going to pay for fixing your bike?!?!?!?!

sounds like you need a lawyer son dully!

glad to hear you're okay though.

·
Registered
2 Posts
First are you okay, and if so Thank God for that....I'm glad that it was just that and no more....it happened to me before also so I can feel, well actually i have felt your pain b4...be blessed and be more observant next time...You know we always have to watch out more than others whille on 2.....
Blaze

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Ouch... that's all that can be said. I'll even say it again... Ouch. Glad that you only got some scrapes.

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
wow, i am so glad ure ok. Looks like a bad crash. On the other hand u will atleast get a new 10r( maybee an 08). The part that sucks is that u have to break it in again. Ride safe, keep us posted

·
Registered
381 Posts
Did they give you a shot in the ass at the ER? I dont know what was in that shit but when they gave it to me I was loopy for a day and a half! Glad to see your ok. Keep us posted on what is going on with it.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts