Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys whats up...writing this thread to see what my fellow kawi brothas think about a dry NOS system on my bike. I have a 2000 ZX6R thats Carb'ed and not Fuel Injected so i decided on a NOS system in the air intake over a turbo for a increase in horsepower. Just wanted to know what you guys thought ...wether or not the NOS would be a good idea and if anyone has any good or bad stories about NOS on bikes. Or if anyone has any ideas as to an alternative for a hp increase im all ears!!!. Thanks guys!:evil

·
Registered
5 Posts
Using a dry nitrous system on a carbed bike is asking for trouble. There is no way to add any extra fuel when spraying like there is with a FI bike. You might be able to get away with a very very small shot, but then what is the point...

·
Registered
604 Posts
Like ZXLNT said......carbed bike's are hard with Nitrus!!! I wouldn't do it, but then again i'm not to say what you can or can not do!!! I would turbo it, i my opinion it would be safer than giving your bike a 50 or 75 shot of Nitrus!!! But it's up to you....

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've actually found this website that specializes in after market power increases to kawis... shandyturbos.com yea and im looking into a turbo kit for my bike...thanks again for the ideas guys

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have a ZX11 and I am going to cut some pockets in my gas tank. I am mounting one 10 oz bottle on both sides of the tank. I want to do a two stage nitrous kit. The first stage I want to do a progressive shot and the second a full out shot. There is a really bad ass bike shop by my house that is going to plumb it up and jet it. My biggest concern is wear and tear with a two stage nitrous kit. I have a spare gas tank that I am going to do it on so there is no love lost. I am still weighing the price factor out. The kit is just shy of a grand and there is going to be about 5, to seven hundred in installation and tuning...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts