Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, after I figured out and reworked the entire oiling system in the bike, I'm now facing a new issue...

The engine was built by Muzzy racing and was converted to a 1000cc big bore.
Now with the larger pistons and same crankcase volumetric space, my crankcase prssure is so high I cant eve ride the bike past 5k RPM with out oil shooting out of the vent hose.

I've constructed a catch can with a K&N breather, but as soon as I took her out on a freeway ride, the oil eventually worked its way up the tube, past the breather and all over the rear of the bike....I dont know what to do next?

Any ideas would be welcomed....

·
Registered
517 Posts
I don't "know" how to fix it, but I was just thinking the breather tube must be too small causing the air to pass at a high velocity, sucking oil out with it. Is there any way to enlarge the breather tube hole, or add a second one? It also occurs to me that if it is blowing it out that fast, its got to be getting in from some where, (the air). Like I said, I don't know how to fix it & I may be totally wrong, but someone on here will know. Good luck with it.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Originally the vent went directly into the stock airbox, I added a K&N (Car valve cover size) to the vent when I eliminated the airbox.

My next step may be to add a racing catch can style vent, or possible add a couple vents to the valve cover....

·
Premium Member
6,614 Posts
Originally the vent went directly into the stock airbox, I added a K&N (Car valve cover size) to the vent when I eliminated the airbox.

My next step may be to add a racing catch can style vent, or possible add a couple vents to the valve cover....
Add 2 vents to the valve cover. When you do this ,locate them over cam caps and not cam lobes. This prevents excess oil from being blown out of the engine. Then run all 3 vent lines back to a catch can. Locate the catch can uphill from at least 1 vent (the crankcase) so the oil will run back into the engine without you having to manually do it.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sounds great! thanks for the advise. Now if I could only figure out how to post my project build pics...lol

I finished the bike last night and have some new pics. The website doesn't like them no matter how I size them...

Anyone want to host them if I email / text them to you?

·
Premium Member
6,614 Posts
Sounds great! thanks for the advise. Now if I could only figure out how to post my project build pics...lol

I finished the bike last night and have some new pics. The website doesn't like them no matter how I size them...

Anyone want to host them if I email / text them to you?
Open a photobucket account. It's free and easy. Make individual folders for each bike you add. This makes it easier to keep track of what's where.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Open a photobucket account. It's free and easy. Make individual folders for each bike you add. This makes it easier to keep track of what's where.
Did that. No matter what I do, I cannot get the pics to post.

I just posted the link in a new thread....Thanks for the help.

·
Premium Member
6,614 Posts
Did that. No matter what I do, I cannot get the pics to post.

I just posted the link in a new thread....Thanks for the help.
Scroll down to the image links. Copy and Paste.

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
i cant imagine the breather on a 750 being that much smaller than a 1000 motor, not to mention muzzy not only built but ran this motor in a bike. sounds to me like your rings are worn out and letting gases bypass into the crankcase causing your problem. just sayin

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
i think what 2fat2fly missed in his instructions were to right click your pic on photo bucket, then copy the image location. then when you go to post your message, click on the yellow square that looks like it has a mountain in it and paste the image location into it. DONE

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i cant imagine the breather on a 750 being that much smaller than a 1000 motor, not to mention muzzy not only built but ran this motor in a bike. sounds to me like your rings are worn out and letting gases bypass into the crankcase causing your problem. just sayin
The engine has about 10 miles on it. It was originally set up for a turbo so it's 9:1 compression. The compression test shows all cylinders are good. Not sure if using a turbo engine without big boost would allow leakage?? Either way, I'm looking into a really nice PCV. Ent system from a company in California. Should fix the issue.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts