Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am debating on lowering my 03 636. i'm only 5'8" with short legs, so i tippy toe big time. my buddy just bought an 04 600RR with 1" lowering brackets and i love the ride height. What other differences will it make when riding (good and bad)? What are your experiences with lowered zx-6r's?

Thanks guys

·
Registered
8 Posts
I am 5'8" with a 2005 636 and I lowered mine. I'm not a professional rider so i didn't really notice a difference while riding but I can flat foot it now with no problem. It feels more secure when I'm stopped now. There are some disadvantages to. Here is a link to read about it on another forum. Do a search for lowering suspension and you'll find a lot of info.

http://kawiforums.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=74277

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
10 Posts
lowered zx6r

well i lowered my zx6 i did a 2" drop on mine and i like the ride it feels a better a stiffer ride i aint a pro rider but to me its great

·
Registered
49 Posts
You could try modifying the seat. I’m 164cms but I don’t need to have both feet on the ground when I stop.

I used to ride a KDX now that was a horse. Because it was a kick start bike, I had to kick start the bike with the stand down, put in gear (no kill switch), get off, put stand up, let out clutch with left foot on peg, step up and throw right leg over once moving.

Pete.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I'm 5'7 and 29" inseam, and I had a 750S that I lowered once before - lowered the handlebars the same amount, and then had to cut down the kickstand to prevent tip-over.

I tippy toe my '07 zx6r, but have gotten very used to it. I just decided I didn't want to mess with welding again, or mess with geometry or risk scraping something later.. There are plenty of 1-2" dogbone/links out there on ebay, and it certainly can be done. Like others have said, it's probably totally fine if you aren't racing or a pro. I know I'd never notice directly. But I just got so used to putting 1 foot down and leaning at lights that it's just nothing to think about anymore...

·
Registered
35 Posts
try shaving the seat first before lowering the bike, i did it on my wifes zx7r and she is almost flat footed now. plus it's a cheaper mod then lowering the bike.:crazyloco

·
Registered
114 Posts
Shave away - that seat is already a plank - so maybe just put a 3/4" piece of plywood down and you're set (I'm being sarcastic). :nana

try shaving the seat first before lowering the bike, i did it on my wifes zx7r and she is almost flat footed now. plus it's a cheaper mod then lowering the bike.:crazyloco

1 - 7 of 7 Posts