Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was wondering what other people usually get to get some ideas for when I have to change out mine. Tires are pretty worn out already with only 5200 miles on them (stock). Replaced my 08 with pilot ct2's when those went. But I figured id see what others like or would recommend staying away from. I know its all personal opinions and "brand loyalty" in some cases. But im just looking for some ideas. I dont really ride hard alot but like a good reliable confidence building grip when I do.

·
VP Whoring
14,930 Posts
Whatever is on sale is what I buy.

·
VP Whoring
14,930 Posts
+1 on q2's. Loving mine , and they better be on sale again in a couple months when I need new ones

·
Registered
602 Posts
I went with Continental Conti Motions sport touring. I ride them to the edge but don't scrap my pegs or drag knee.

Haven't had a traction issue yet. I went with these because I ride a lot and don't want to put on 2 sets of tires a season.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I'm running metzeler sportmax tires on my zx11 now and I love them. Was running battleaxe tires before these and I think I prefer the metzeler tires. Went on a ride yesterday with a group of 10 newer 600 and 1k sportbikes and I could hang in long sweeping corners leaned over at 120mph without any loss of confidence. Give metzeler tires a look they bite hard and last a real long time as well!

Sent from my SCH-I405 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
6,382 Posts
Stay away from Shinkos unless you're a drag racer.

Any of the big name tire manufacturers make excellent supersport tires. Pick a different manufacturer every time you need new tires and you will actually know what the small differences are between them.

And like was said earlier, look for what's on sale from a vendor you can trust.

·
Registered
25 Posts
...Tires are pretty worn out already with only 5200 miles on them (stock).... But im just looking for some ideas...I dont really ride hard alot but like a good reliable confidence building grip when I do.
If you don't ride hard then buy a sport touring tire. They will grip well and give you more mileage than a sport tire.

I took a Superhawk to the track on Metzeler Z6 Interacts and they stuck like glue for a quick novice pace.

·
Registered
6,382 Posts
If you don't ride hard then buy a sport touring tire. They will grip well and give you more mileage than a sport tire.

I took a Superhawk to the track on Metzeler Z6 Interacts and they stuck like glue for a quick novice pace.
A slightly more sport oriented tire would be the Metzeler M-5 Interacts. Wear down the elephant and you win.

·
Registered
25 Posts
A slightly more sport oriented tire would be the Metzeler M-5 Interacts. Wear down the elephant and you win.
Those will be going on my ZX6R once my air compressor and hose comes in this week. They're sitting unmounted in my garage.

OP prob wants more mileage though which is why I recommended the Z6 interacts, which will stick plenty. I have had nothing but good experiences with metzeler.

·
VP Whoring
14,930 Posts

I want those just to burn off the elephant

·
Registered
163 Posts
Ive been using pilot rode 3's. Just replaced the rear @ a little over 16,000. The front is still going strong. I got 14,000 out of the road 2's. They both performed very well in the canyons too..

·
Registered
4 Posts
I was interested in how many people use a good sport touring tire. I pretty much only ride for the sake of relaxing and having fun (almost never commuting) but getting to anywhere with twisties requires 20-30 miles of slabs. I really think my next set of tires needs to be something that doesn't square so fast like the PR3s or similar.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts