Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello people!

I would like to help me on this!

I am about to change my motorcycle's tires and i want your opinion in the following choices or anything else you have in mind.:eek:hno

I used to have the manufacture tires and i was satisfied but now i m between those,Metzeler M1 or Diablo.Michelin Pilot Sport,Bridgestone Battlax or maybe Dunlop or even Pirelli's new collection.

I m kinda lost here...

I have max my bike in 280 but i enjoyed it more in curves(not a race track)and i use it in both city and some travels.

Oh and the prices they told me were 370 for Metz,390 for manufacture's and 445 for Diablo all that in Euro rear and front that is:banghead

·
Registered
34 Posts
I love the Pirelli Diablo Corsa's!!!!! Super sticky and you can get pretty good life and wear from them for the street. I got about 5500 miles out of mine all on the street.

On my 12 now I have Shinko Ultra Softs 200 width on the rear. But that's for the dragstrip. In my opinion, nothing I have ridden personally has beaten the Pirelli's for street.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmm thnx i ll have that in mind.

Basically i forgot to mention that i dont drift...much :nana so i want something that ll last,it has good grip and it's good in rain.

Here in Greece we are proud of 2 things: bumpy roads and rain:nana

·
Registered
22 Posts
I just got myself a set of Continental Road attacks, and they are really nice. There is a complete review of some guys who went out and tested them online if you google the name of them. I got mine from Ridedirect.com for my 93 600 for $205 total for the pair. I am a street rider only, and they seem to do real good for me.

·
Registered
449 Posts
I hold no partiallity to brands, I would say spend the money on known brands that these guys talk about, metzeler,dunlop,bridgestone,pirelli,avon,michelin, $150-$200 each should cure your tred worries.

·
Registered
649 Posts
+1 for Pirelli Diablo Corsa III's.... I just put a set of these on my bike and really like them. I've still gotta break them in before i lean them over too far but so far I really like them.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just finish slapping on some Michelin Pilot Powers and they feel NICE... VERY stinky and soft. Don't know how long they will last, first pair. But I'm happy so far.

·
Registered
532 Posts
My humble opinion:- Tyres are much cheaper than bodywork and hospital bills!

Put on the best grip tyres for your road conditions - no matter how long they will last! I gather you will need the best wet weather tyres. Speak to your tyre agent or dealer what they recommend.

But I would say any of the abovementioned tyres are good enough for your riding style.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
"Speak to your tyre agent or dealer what they recommend."

That's what you said!

Let me tell you what they say...

I live in the biggest town after the capital that is the second in Greece but things run slow here like the traffic limit and bureaucracy.

But besides that we dont have a single tyre agent here and as of dealers they dont care if u break every bone in your body they just roll their eyes like Mr Crambs and see dollars...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Only the mechanic told me to choose between Manufacture's Dunlop,Metzeler M1 and Pirelli Diablo Corsa 2 or 3 but just to give everyone a hint how happy i am about service around here i ll tell you that a car fell on my bike with 20 km/h and i was running 30 km/h in a parking breaking every plastic in my bike causing it damage worth 2.800 euros and that was 2 months ago.Now the guy admitted he was wrong going the one way 100% and we even were in the same insurance but i still havent fixed my bike.Oh and the best part besides lying to my face those pricks was that they give you not even a scooter to use for transportation.

OK have fun and whoever want more details or want me to tell exciting stories about "wonderful"Greece and its great system/law just pm me.

Ill be more than happy.Take care all!

·
Registered
157 Posts
Love my battlax 12ss' but hate the mileage

1 - 15 of 15 Posts