Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was curious what tire is best to get for my 93 zx600d. I found a front and back shinku Advance 005 for a total of 160. Or i can get Dunlop Qualifiers for 205.
Are the dunlops worth the extra 45 dollars? Does anyone know anything about these Shinku tires?

·
Premium Member
4,422 Posts
I have Dunlop Qualifiers on at the mo but I prefer Pilot Powers, on road the Duns take a while to warm but when they do their not bad.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I prefer to stick with Bridgestone Battleaxes, or Pilot Powers. Dunlops are good too though. Shinko is a company I've heard OF, but have no real world experience in tires from. they may be good, but I'm not the one who is willing to risk it to find out.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I tried the shinko Stealths, they had major grip for strait line racing but that was about it. I pulled my bike out for a quick second to ride but not even 1/8th mile down the road it seams that I picked up a box cutter blade about an inch long and it cut all the way through the shinko. Its a very soft tire but i didnt think it was soft enough to pick up and get cut like that. O hWell

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you everyone for your feedback i really appreciate it, i gotta see what my budget will handle. But i will not be buying the shinkho. I appreciate you sharing your experience with them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts