Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello

my baby needs a new set of rubbers on ,but dont want to take the original brigdestone again,dont really have confidence in them (me not that reallly good rider to). want to do some trackdays this year and would like a good tire for these days.
For the momlent the dunlop d208 are on sale at my shop fro about 300 dollar for the 2.
and brigdstones bt14 and 20 for 320 dollar par set.
.Do i go for 180 instead of 190 maybe .

any suggestions are reviews anyone?

other post already seen but not really any suggestions on brigdestone or dunlop.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
The only reason you would need to go to a 180 is so you can lean the bike more aggressively in a corner on the track.

As you have stated you're not that good of a rider yet, I wouldn't recommend it. The bike was built to use a 190... so I would stick with it.

If you are looking for a suggestion on a good dual purpose (street vs. track) tire, I would suggest looking into the Michelin Pilot Power Dual Compound.

I run the straight PP's, but I don't track. Friends of mine are running the new dual compound and loving them. Just a suggestion for you.

You could also look at the Super Corsa's... another great tire, and stickier for the track, but again.. I wouldn't switch to these until you become a more experienced rider... JMO.

Good luck

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thx ,just got those powerpilots but not the dual compounds ,and i'm very delighted about them,gives me at least more confidence then the bridgestones,and it would do a few miles more too they told me.
Now its just the skills we need to improve :)).

·
Registered
379 Posts
hello

my baby needs a new set of rubbers on ,but dont want to take the original brigdestone again,dont really have confidence in them (me not that reallly good rider to). want to do some trackdays this year and would like a good tire for these days.
For the momlent the dunlop d208 are on sale at my shop fro about 300 dollar for the 2.
and brigdstones bt14 and 20 for 320 dollar par set.
.Do i go for 180 instead of 190 maybe .

any suggestions are reviews anyone?

other post already seen but not really any suggestions on brigdestone or dunlop.
I have the same bike as you except it s the 04' and i use the Dunlop Qualifier Sportmax and i have to say that they are fantastic. I never liked Dunlop before but these things i am sure were made for the bike. Lean angle grip is amazing and the life is fantastic.

·
Registered
266 Posts
If you plan on doing some track days forget about the OEM tire; to hard. Now I know you are asking about bridgestones and dunlops, but other then the OEM bridgestones, I've ran Michelin Pilot Powers and Pilot Power 2CT's. Sure the 2CTs are sweet, but at nearly twice the cost, they aren't THAT much sweeter then regular PPs.

Switching rear tire size will effect your geometry and unless you plan on resetting I wouldn't do it. And from what I've read, the ZX-10 is extra sensitive to geometry changes. Sure a 180 will allow you to fall in a bit quicker, BUT your contact patch will be slightly smaller then a 190. Stay close to you stock geometry when you can.

You can expect between 2500-6000 miles on a set of Michelin PPs, depending on your riding style; so fiinding the regular PPs on sale is probably smartest route imho. In my area you can land a set of regular PPs (with a 190 rear) in the $250 range, installed.

I currently run Michelin 1200/1800 "Track Day" slicks and despite the rear being a 180, I love them to death (I also had the geometry re-set to take into account the 180 switch). But then again, I don't ride street anymore.

Good luck on your search!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts