Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am about to shop for new tires for my 07 ZX-10 and I was wondering if Michelin Pilot Power CT2 is just it or is there anything better out there. Also, reading a lot of the reviews out there, it seems most experts say the bike handles better with a 190/50 as opposed to the 190/55. I was wondering if you guys tried that switch and how it changed your handling.
One more thing is what PSI I should run in front and rear. I mostly top end the bike on highways and love leaning it, no track, no wheelies or endos.

I'd appreciate your expressed opinion. :smile

·
Registered
1 Posts
2ct

been reading FAST BIKES? top mag! i have an 06 and my feeling is that it needed more ride height at the rear not less. a 50 profile will drop your rear whatever millimeters. 5 i think. anyhow there is a recall on the 2ct at present so i couldnt get them. put on some proper dunlop qualifiers and i like them. the oem qualifiers are rubbish. what is important is that you set up your front and rear sag or even a new spring and valve job would be even better. the ten is a tad soft in the springs.got my bike set up by a dude that does the 10r superbikes and he advised i go 3 millimeters up in the rear.the bike used to run wide in corners and generally understeered alot.felt like a squared off tyre.well i can say that now it carves up corners and turns with precision.i only do road riding and scratching and i run 34/36 psi.hope this helps. as for the 50 profile i cant help but i have heard good reports. dont know if this is down to just a better tyre than the oem rubbish.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Regular PPs are a good call, and great prices can be found on them. I had both PPs and 2CTs on my 14 and absolutely loved them; I run Michelin 1200/1800 slicks nowadays on my 10 as it is track only. I am pretty biased toward Michelin and have always loved their tires; for both bikes and cars.

Pressure wise, you could run 34-36 up front and same for the rear for road use with the regular PPs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts