Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Riding home from work on the Highway about 1 hr ago and at some point in the Trip i heard a wierd "Thwack".. I parked my bike in the Drive way and noticed a slight gash (Finger nail deep) with blue scuffs around it, I assume it's was a piece from a car..
Does this look ok to ride on how thick is the tire in that portion..
Thanks for any help.. I'm a newbie looking to stay around for a while and don't wanna risk it..
Oh.. hope i don't need to replace because I only have like 400 or so mi. on it ..:eek:hno

·
Registered
379 Posts
Check it out with a rubber shop down the road from you. Let them check it with the manufacturer and see what they say. I have had a slice like that on the back and a couple of nice corners and high speed turns got it to go away.

I went and checked with a local expert first though.

What rubber is that? The BT015 ?

·
Registered
582 Posts
I'll go with those above. Bead thickness is only about 5/16"(8mm) and as best as I can I measured a damaged front one of my own (my own stupid fault) the tire thickness is only about 3/8" (10mm).
gammac

·
Banned
528 Posts
i would replace it, rideing on bad tires is like playin with my life and my life is worth more than 100.00 to me

·
Registered
191 Posts
Not a tire expert, but as many excuses as I would make to AVOID replacing it, it would still plague my mind everytime I ride so I'd go ahead & pay for it JUST 2 get it off my mind before my mind ended up on the asphalt.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts