Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys,

I'm new to the forum and I am trying to decide what tires to put on an 04 ZX-10R. I'll be picking up the bike this weekend and it needs tires front and rear. I seen the thread about tires being in stock and I'm running into the same situation. The shop I can get the best price without going to Ebay doesn't stock the tires and will need 2-3 days to get them in. I've been looking at everything and don't know which to purchase. The Shinko R005 is the cheapest but I don't want to regret them if they do not have alot of grip. The bike will mostly just be rode to work and to run errands. Maybe down the dray strip a couple times towards the end of the summer.

Any suggestions will be great appreciated.

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
avons, perellis, or dunlops.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. I was thinking about getting the Dunlops. I guess the Qualifiers are what i'll get.

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Your welcome, they are good tires, however some people dont like them.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It has the Pilot Race tires on it now. I think I'm going to be putting the Pilot Powers on it hopefully today. If not I wont be off again till next weekend.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Sportrider Mag (www.sportrider.com-tech-tires.....) have got a nice layout of different tires for different applications.

I have got the Dunlop Qualifiers on my 10R and am quite happy with them, just fitted a new rear after 5500km (3500miles),while the ZX6R comes with the new Bridgestone BT015 which is not bad either!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Had The Dunlops, Wore Them Out, Changed To The Continental Sport Attacks! Love Them So Far. Alot More Confidence With Them Than The Dunlops.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Can you guys tell me is Mich TX-25 Hi-Sports are considered long wearing, hard rubber. I am having an issue with the rear tire spinning before the front lifts up, it brakes traction too easily, I am suspecting its the tire.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Strips or no strips

Pilot powers or tears it is your choice. Aggressive rider-no strips? go with 2ct's,Gonna have strips? Go with the regular pilots.Want higher mileage?Go with diablo streets (new from Perelli).But don't go with hockey skate Dunlops.Ask any seasoned rider don't take my word for it i've only been ridin for 39 years.(KAWBOY).:smile

·
Registered
683 Posts
I know people who went with the Shinkos and hated them. Do NOT get the shinkos.
T

1 - 13 of 13 Posts