Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
In an effort to just build one database for Tire pressures, can everyone list the brand of tire they run and the pressure they run on the street and track? If you know what you run hot vs cold that info could be good for everyone to run

Brand: Michelin Power Pure 2CT

Street Pressure: 34R 36F

Cold Track Pressure: Have not run them on the track yet
Track Hot Pressure:

·
11,782 Posts
Bridgestone BT-016

Street Pressure: 33F, 36R

Commuting, some twisties...I'm a big dude, though.

·
Premium Member
15,095 Posts
Wow, on my regular pilot powers I ran 36 front and 41 rear

·
sénior BBQ Master
22,270 Posts
Wow, on my regular pilot powers I ran 36 front and 41 rear
I listen to the bike 42 36, says so on the sticker, feels squishy when lower. 2ct's

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I listen to the bike 42 36, says so on the sticker, feels squishy when lower. 2ct's
Those were you street pressures? Cold or hot? Was it a commuter or where you tipping it over? This is my first time around w/ these tires and I couldnt find recommended tire pressures for them (thus the thread)

·
Premium Member
180 Posts
Street pressure and cold. Commuting and some twisties. You will know when its right. Mine were about 2# lower then what was listed on the tire if I remember correctly. Also had some Avons and ran the the same way. You will feel it. Just dont adjust to much at once.

·
Registered
6,382 Posts
I think I've owned at least a dozen tire gauges in the last 10 years. Do I really know if they are accurate? No. I've bought all the types offered. my favorite one now is one I got from Walmart that has a rubber encased round glass dial/pointer, a rubber hose, an air pressure release button and the 6" 2-sided valve attachment head. It's designed for a duallie. I think it was 15 bucks, maybe 20. It still works great after 4 years. it's very consistent.

Put me down for my favorite tire (owned 3 sets) will eventually try the K3
Street: Metzeler Racetec K2/K2 190/55 & 120/70 35/39

Track: Bridgestones when poor or Pirellis when I have cash 190/55 & 120/70 34/35 (I'm no speed demon)

I don't bother to measure my tires hot. I rarely get to the track. i don't use warmers. When I do a trackday, I run Bridgestones or whatever is on sale. No street michelins on the track for me. Had a few friends go down because the tires let go. I used to run lower pressures on the street. The front tire would sometimes want to hunt on rain grooves. When I aded a few lbs. to the front, the squirrelliness went away.

·
sénior BBQ Master
22,270 Posts
Those were you street pressures? Cold or hot? Was it a commuter or where you tipping it over? This is my first time around w/ these tires and I couldnt find recommended tire pressures for them (thus the thread)

Street. Tipping and commuting. But more commuting.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Michelin PiPo 2CT right now, 120/70-17 Front at 36 cold, 190/55-17 Rear 38 cold
still experimenting what is better for me.
Had BT016 before at stock pressure 36/42 cold and never had a problem just about to the edge

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have been all track before the zx10 so it boggles my mind to keep the pressures that high on the street--- especially with all the power going to the rear--- but I am not that experienced so if people are doing it here, and its recommended by the mfr then what the hell--- ill break out the bicycle pump

·
Registered
82 Posts
I have been all track before the zx10 so it boggles my mind to keep the pressures that high on the street--- especially with all the power going to the rear--- but I am not that experienced so if people are doing it here, and its recommended by the mfr then what the hell--- ill break out the bicycle pump
Yeah I was surprised myself how high the mfg recommend the pressure, but I am going lower now on ALL tires, the bike is much easier handling and more predictable and gives better feedback, still experimenting with different pressures though...

·
Registered
86 Posts
I am just breaking in my brand new zx10 (MY2010). Shoud I experiment with tire pressure or suspension first? The suspension feels decent, but I'm sure it could be better. Or is it my tire pressure could be better??

I am currently running 35-36 front and 40-42 rear. I weigh around 230 with my typical gear on.

Thoughts?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts