Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I have a '95 ZX-6, and everything I can find says the tire pressures should be 32 in the front and 36 in the rear. However, I got the service manual and it recommends 36 in the front and 41 in the rear. This seems awfully high. Could it be referring to max load or something without specifying? Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks,

--Ryan

·
Registered
201 Posts
32 PSI front and 36 PSI rear sound right the higher numbers sound like max pressure tire should hold. keep it at the lower pressure stated.

·
Registered
57 Posts
The higher pressures will increase the life of the tire. You will get less tread deformation and therefor less wear. This is done at the sacrifice of grip. Less tread deformation therefor less heat. If you are sport riding on most performance radials, 36/36 is a good starting point. If you run lower pressure in the front you will get a squirmy feel under hard braking. This isn't really a problem but most riders don't like the sensation.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sounds good, also, does anybody know the proper place to measure chain slack on this bike? Is there a standard place on most bikes?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The chain was fine, but I do think I might put some more air in the front tire, it gets squirmy under braking like Late Apex said. I've heard that you need to keep the pressure differential the same, is this true? Like if I raise the from from 32 to 34 then I need to raise the back from 36 to 38?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts