Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
First and Second came to life.
Their really snappy now and gave it some bottom end.
You still need to change the front sprocket to give it some real bottom end.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I've heard TRE's don't add any power...they just f*ck over the throttle response and make riding in a civil manner more difficult. Whateva, if you like it...do iiiiiiitttttttttttt.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Retard Eliminators are great! 10mm, .44 mag, .30-06, .50 AE.

To answer your questions, I had Ivan's TRE on my 04 10R and it made on/off throttle response VASTLY crsiper and smoother. It makes street riding MORE civil. You need to run his PC3 map unless you have a custom map of your own. Net effect is ZERO added horsepower. Instead it feels like going +1 on the rear sprocket. They are worth the $$.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I just installed a GI Pro and have only tried the "soft" setting.( started to snow), It helped to wake up 1st and 2nd a little bit. Going to try to put a 16T sprocket this weekend and try the "hard" setting.

·
Registered
107 Posts
GIpro with TRE was fairly quick and easy. Instructions that come with it are surprisingly clear and accurate. Take off seat and tank, locate the connector, push out a couple of pins on each side, slide them into the supplied connectors, hook it up, run the wires, mount the readout. Turn it on and it recognized the gear position right away. Program one of 4 options on the TRE and go out and ride. No soldering needed. Installed the speedo healer at the same time. That was a little more time consuming and needed soldering. Instructions were not as clear. Actually used instructions from one of the other forums and they were perfect.

10 Posts
Speedo healer-No doubt a great product but a pain in the but to install on the 06 10R....as the folks at Yeller box, and local Kaw dealer gave me wrong wire codes.. I will probable order the tre based on input in this forum. Thanks
Bruce

1 - 9 of 9 Posts