Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all Kawi heads.
Brand new member jsut wanted to say hi to all.
One Question if I may. Got a brand new ZX6R( great bike)had the first service done on it.Runs great . The motor has a kind of a ticking sound (kind of like a swiss watch :) )
The mechanic says its normal. Anyone knows anything about it

Greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
116 Posts
If it sounds like mine it is merely the cam/valve assembly doing it's thing. Make your brain translate "ticking noise = music to your ears"

If you it annoys you you can always get a loud exhaust:smile :crazyloco help cover the noise.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Zix!

Thats what it sounds like!! Getting a pipe is always a good idea.
I'm just a little paranoid about it since I declined the extended warranty:eek:hno

·
Registered
275 Posts
Thats what it sounds like!! Getting a pipe is always a good idea.
I'm just a little paranoid about it since I declined the extended warranty:eek:hno
me too and a few other people are in that boat but Ive comes to terms to just accept it. the dealer forum members and mechanic friends have said the same thing that it is normal

·
Registered
33 Posts
It's the timing chain. I had to install a manual adjuster to tighten the chain to make the noise go away. The sound is completly normal though. No worries.

·
Registered
6 Posts
beware of the ticking!!!
Just to let you all know, I bought a brand new silver ZX6R from the dealership about a month ago. I had the ticking noise when I broke the bike in at about 600 miles. Shortly afterwards the bike started making a louder ticking noise and I brought it back to the dealership for a diagnostic. They said it was normal and that I shouldn't worry about it. Two days later, my bike broke down on me on the freeway. So, like any other ZX owner would, I called Kawasaki directly to fix the problem. I am getting a brand new engine in a bike that should have ran well since it was a brand new bike. My bike is currently in the shop with a blown engine! Also, I followed the owners manual for the break in directions.... Didn't do a damn thing!!!! So to all ZX owners, Demand the full diagnostic when the ticking starts because it will only to more damage

·
Registered
532 Posts
Yeah, please check my post on the other thread! Be carefull of that "ticking" sound! There is a "normal" one, But if it get a little louder, watch out!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts