Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All
I am looking for someone out there experienced with the Throttlemeister type of throttle lock/cruise control. I only have used the Vista Cruise/Breakaway type locks in the past.
1 How easy are they to install? ( they look simple) ?
2 How easy to use?
3 Do they creep ( either up or down ) ?
4 Do they release instantly or do you have to roll them off ?
5 Any problems ?

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
ICBM

·
Registered
4 Posts
ICBM

The Throttlemeister works pretty well for its intended use. It is definitely NOT a cruise control. It just allows you to maintain a constant throttle setting to rest your throttle hand. On perfectly flat ground, it works well. When you're riding up and down hills, or you're riding with a group, you'll have to make constant adjustments.

This is the one inclusion that I can't believe Kawasaki hasn't made with the Councours - it just screams out for cruise control. Having said all this, the TM is pretty good. Easy to install, and easy to use. It works by using a friction mechanism against the throttle which means that the throttle will stay in one place when you let go of it. You can adjust the friction setting to vary how much force is required to twist the throttle. When you want to back off, you have to manually roll back the throttle, or you can loosen the friction ring.

When a cruise control is not available, then second best becomes the best. And Throttlemeister is definitely a worthwhile gadget on a touring bike.

·
Registered
368 Posts
For the non-TB user, you can also set the friction so that it slowly releases the throttle when your grip is relaxed or removed.

I ordered the Heavy Milled Black Throttlemeister for my Connie today and will post a pic when I install them this weekend. :runaway

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the feedback guys. I also ordered 1 already, heavy black finish.
Now all i have to do is wait for it to clear customs etc,should be here in a year or so!! Security and all that (just kidding)

ICBM

·
Registered
36 Posts
Recieved my TM a few days ago in heavy black finish as well.
looks great easy to install and works just as it is supposed too.

Daka

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Daka:
How hard was it to get? I'm having a hard time getting a confirm on my order. Faxed it in last Wednesday asking for a return fax confirm followed by e-mail same request, still haven't heard from Throttlemeister. How was the unit shipped?
Canada eh? What part?
tnx ICBM

·
Registered
36 Posts
It was relitively easy, I did however phone the order in that may make the difference.It was shipped by regular mail. Edmonton, Alberta. eh.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No sooner do i mention it and it arrives. Got the unit in the mail this morning. My project for this rainy evening. Great service, hope the unit works as well as the ordering did!

Ahh! The Frozen North chapter of this group of enthusiasts.Might run into you some day in my travels. I'll keep an eye out.

ICBM

·
Registered
368 Posts
Got my Throttlemeister today as well. Great service, fast delivery. Great instructions. Couldn't be happier. I went with the heavy black milled finish though. Looks tough!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts