Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey peeps hope someone can help,
i seem to have less resistance on my throttle when i pull away and maybe slight less response from the bike, i changed grips for the stock black ones over to some green ninja grips i brought off e-bay, i did everything to the book when changing over grips they just feel very light, im not sure if its because its a thinner rubber than stock ones, there just seems to be more play in em which i know ya always get slight play, should i just change em back to stock or have i possibly messed with something by accident or ajusted sumit on the bike, im lost it just dont feel right, bike is all up on its services and not long passed a health check, its 9500 miles and last service was at 8800 miles,

please help :p

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
where abouts in UK are you???

im in cornwall

dont think you could have mucked anything up. the cables are either working or not.

it could be where you have put the lube in the sleve to put the new grips on and its given you a bit more free play. i wouldnt worry about it. enjoy your new grips.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hey m8, im in the west mids now near birmingham but i did move from cornwall, i lived in ST Austall about 500 yards behind the eden project, lovley place to live but better money through work brought me up north.

back to my bike was doing a few checks myself chain does look abit slack so that could be causing a slight difference in response or it could just be that its time to upgrade to a 1000cc lol, but think i will go back to stock grips or get some renthal grips they got a nice feel to em, these ninja ones just seem to smooth, i think they look better than they perform lol.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts