Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From a brief search I can see that throttle sticking can be due to cables binding, poorly lubricated cables or worn cables but I wondered if it’s common with the 14r? When I open the throttle to any position, it sticks almost like a cruise control. It does fall back slightly but that’s all. Any suggestions on where to start first?

·
Registered
1993 Zx-7 L Model, 2006 ZX-10R
4,719 Posts
From a brief search I can see that throttle sticking can be due to cables binding, poorly lubricated cables or worn cables but I wondered if it’s common with the 14r? When I open the throttle to any position, it sticks almost like a cruise control. It does fall back slightly but that’s all. Any suggestions on where to start first?
Start with the cables first. Lube them up with your choice of cable/multi-purpose spray and test the results. If it's still sticking, check your grip for interference with the bar end cover/cap. Then, check for binding.

Reactions: Busa-to-zx14

·
Registered
723 Posts
The grip might be shoved up against the control or pulled back against the bar end. Or theres a bunch of crusty crap between the slide and the bars,

·
Registered
723 Posts
I always want to know if the problems people have got fixed or what.. They come on here and hundreds of years of combined experience come together.
We could probably charge people money for this. All we want for payment is let us know what happend.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I always want to know if the problems people have got fixed or what.. They come on here and hundreds of years of combined experience come together.
We could probably charge people money for this. All we want for payment is let us know what happend.
well, the bike has been getting professionally detailed while I’ve been been camping over the last week and I just picked it up today, so I haven’t had the chance to attempt to fix it. But I can certainly give an update once I try everyone’s suggested fixes for the issue. I’ve personally never been one to care when I give out my own advice about something I might be knowledgeable on or have an expertise in, so I don’t usually give an update unless it’s something crazy.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
problem solved. The handlebar grip was pushed up against the control. When I took delivery of the bike from the previous owner, he used tie-downs that slipped over the handlebar grips and pulled against the controls and over the opposite side to hold the bike in place. They bunched the grips up against the controls but I thought I had pulled them back out to where they were supposed to be. Guess not.

·
Registered
723 Posts
I wasn't singling you out Busa. It was a general statement. We do help a lot of riders out and never hear from them again. The threads that I offer help I just want to know if they got their bike fixed and what fixed it. Because if something fixed it that was not expected I want to know so I can put that info in a file in my head.
Thanks for the follow up, Glad you got things sorted out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts