Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone right cleaned my carbs on the bike put all together but now my throttle cable wont return it will open
but wont snap back ideas welcome HELP just wont to get out and ride in these WELSH MOUNTAINS not just that
but its a bank holiday and the weather is lovely warm and sunny for change not pissing down like it normally is in this
country .dont understand why they wont snap back thanks john.

·
Registered
273 Posts
This is normally because of the way there routed, and or not enough slack in the cable or the cable is twisted inside the cable sheath, it may also need a bit of light oil.

·
Premium Member
2,344 Posts
Also make sure the throttle is away from the switchgear and the bar end. I’ve seen them get bound up against these and not return.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hello all sorry been so long but been busy anyway tried everything to fix these throttle cables to no joy .but then that LIGHT BULB moment two adjusters just up from the carbs fiddled with them snaps back like good un. the only thing
is i never adjusted anything did not try the adjusters at all so seems funny to my why i would have to do this. (IE) NOT NEW CABLES i know why am i moaning about JUST CURIOUS THANKS FOR ALL THE REPLIES

1 - 7 of 7 Posts