Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Looking for some pics or a diagram of how to put the throttle cables back on the carbs/housing assembly.

Does the Acc cable go on the top or the bottom of the housing at the carbs and/or vice versa for the dec cable?

Just installed a FP jetkit in the carbs and didn't take pics of how the cables came off as I thought I would remember...NOT!

Now installing the carbs and noticed that there is a ton of slack on Decc cable but the acc cable snaps back nicely...without being in the housing.

Just looking for a few pics or which cables go on top/bottom at the carbs then im pretty sure I figured it out at the housing though its a b*** to wrap that dec cable around the grip..why make it like that?:werd:werd

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
left handle bar is choke...

runs on top...behind carbs u have to have the lil brass holder attached to third carb screw on top right...run it thru there and then the choke spring can be pushed to left with hand and lil ball end set back in...

right side...when u twist grip towards you to go faster...it lifts the idle screw that moves butterflies....so when u put cables on this is the one that goes on top the other goes on the bottom. its 2 am here ill upload pics since i literally have the carbs ect exposed...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great..I had the choke down so that wasn't the issue. It was putting the acceleration cable on the top of the bracket that holds them on the carbs or the bottom. Im pretty sure the acc cable goes on the top bracket and the dec cable goes on the bottom bracket.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Typical a thread has just been left unanswered. Its only 8 years ago. Surely you guys can do better than leave so many unfinished. Like keep showing the pist periodically to encourage an answer.

·
Registered
22 Posts
No its not in the manual. Have a look yourself. The conclusion wouldve been that the pictures that that were supposed to be put up were.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts