Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, from time to time I have seen people ask about the three puck brake upgrade, so thought I would post this heads up. On E-bay there is a brake upgrade that I put on my 94 it comes with all you need to replace your two puck set up. Hope this helps if someone is looking for that upgrade.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Cool, nice info. Would like to know more info about the spacers. I will most likely do this with mine.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Awesome!!!!!!!!! I am saving and will be ready for these in a couple of weeks. I hope whoever it is can at least hook me up with the hardware for the calipers, if not the whole deal.

·
Registered
217 Posts
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/webzxr/zxr750r/Features/k1brakemods.html
This is the link for the drawings and dimensions for the spacers required to mount the 6 pot calipers from the 2000-2001 GSXR on the ZX-11. I did this and I have not regretted it for a second. I have also heard of some guys mounting the calipers on a milling machine and drilling and retapping to 10 mm to avoid having to make the spacers. You will need to be very careful about picking up the center of the 8mm threded hole before you do this though.
I made mine from 321 stainless and it took me about an hour to make the 4 of them. Of course I had a gun drill and a lathe and the required collets at my immediate disposal so creating a nice concentric 8mm hole to the 10mm O.D. was fairly easy. It is important that these spacers be made as concenteric as possible to keep everything in proper alignment. Be careful of the spacing as well 1.5mm is the recommended starting point. The brake disc absolutley has to be centered to the caliper pistons. A little time spent setting up things pays a huge dividend later. The kit that Claude has listed on E-bay is a deal and I am certain the spacers are extremely accurate. Good luck. Jay

1 - 10 of 10 Posts