Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

Thoughts on the HR 1 Exhaust

1K views 15 replies 8 participants last post by  ZackMary 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Sounds like a gimmick.

On the street you basically buy what you like the sound and look of, then get the bike tuned for it, or just slap on a PCV and an off the shelf map.

If you like the look and sound of it, then go nuts! But I wouldn't be concerned with its features. As for quality, unless it is super freakin cheap, it is probably just fine.

#4 ·
#7 ·
Sounds good from the video but I dont really like the look of having nothing on one side under the tail and you have to get rid of the black plastic piece back there. It just looks a little odd to me but I think for a side exhaust on a different bike it would be cool.

#11 ·
meh... pretty is about all I'm gonna add. They have nice paint. But I'll go with tried and true performance and spend a bit more myself.

There's a thread on zx6r.com about this same brand. Let's just say... Muzzy is in the lead in the poll. (I swear I only voted Muzzy once!)

#13 ·
I have the HR1 exhaust on my 09. Actually, it was the first one built for that year, I helped him size/fit the mid pipe on the bike. Because of that, I got a pretty good deal. I wanted something different too, I originally wanted the M4, but I just saw too many of them. Anyway, it is an ok pipe. It is loud for sure and that took a while to get used to. The adjustability thing is pretty much useless, I tried adjusting it when I first got it, and noticed no difference in SOTP performance, so I went with the best sound setting, which was wide open. I do love the looks, which would be different with an under-tail setup. You can see a couple pics if you click on my userID. And I have a video of the sound if you send me a PM. If I had the money, I would have gone with an Akra, but for the money I'm happy.

#15 ·
keep the stock if your riding street and gut it out... sounds great and looks hella clean if you get the tip powdercoated black i have the stock if you want it. lmk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.