Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thomas 'delighted and nervous' at WSS chance.

From Crash.net:

33-year-old Hawk Kawasaki rider Dean Thomas has been offered a huge opportunity after being called up to replace Stephane Chambon in this weekend's opening round of the World Supersport Championship, in Qatar.

Hawk team principal Stuart Hicken received a call from Christian Bourgeois of Kawasaki France late last week, asking for Thomas to fill the shoes of the injured Chambon.

Thomas will be riding for the GIL Motorsport team, run from the Kawasaki France headquarters. The Australian last competed in Supersport 600 back in 2003, in the British Supersport series, and is looking forward to returning to the class - especially at world level.

"I was delighted when I got the call from Stuart about the ride in Qatar and also very nervous," admitted Thomas. "I'm extremely looking forward to getting back on a bike again and working hard for the GIL Team to get some respectable results at the opening round.

·
Registered
990 Posts
He is a very good & steady rider, hopefully he'll put on a good show. Also help sharpen him up for the forthcoming BSB season.

Similar story in MCN

British Superbike star Dean Thomas will ride for the Kawasaki France team for the first two World Supersport rounds as a replacement for the injured Stephane Chambon.

Thomas, 33, will ride for Hawk Kawasaki in British Superbikes in 2006, but competed in British Supersport in 2003. In 2005, he finished sixth overall in the Superbike class.

"I was delighted when i got the call and also very nervous. I've never ridden the ZX-6RR before, on Pirelli tyres and at a new track, so it could prove quite difficult, but I am eagerly awaiting the challenge. I will have a few days to get used to the bike and the set-up before the race as I can generally adapt to bikes reasonably quickly. If I manage to gain a good result then I will also be competing in the second round at Phillip Island," said Thomas.

He'll be up against all the regular championship contenders, plus former World Superbike star Anthony Gobert.

He is a very good & steady rider, hopefully he'll put on a good show. Also help sharpen him up for the forthcoming BSB season.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts