Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am kind of a green horn with my bike. I was scoping out some questions I had and I see a lot of the answers to my questions... I guess I am not the only person with a clutch problem... Cool website once again. I am not sure If I can post this, but I have a spare body should anyone have wrecked their bike, I bought a spare body and repainted it. I have everythig..

·
Registered
161 Posts
From what I've heard premature clutch basket falure was a common problem on these motors. If you have a burnout fixation it makes the problem 10 time worse. There is suppose to be a company that makes billet baskets for these but I don't know the name. Also if you hold the bike at high rpm's for a fair omount of time the oil pump cannot supply oil to the top end of the motor causing catastrophe. Just a couple of things I keep in mind when I'm out and rollin.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I heard a rumor that a ZZX1200 is a direct drop in for my bike. I have really been contemplating getting a totall out from an insurance company and trying the swap out. 100cc's does sound tempting to me.

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Yes, it's a bolt-on. But the valve cover can't be removed because of the ZX-11 frame. So, engine need to be tilted to remove cover for valve adjustment.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts