Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright so I have a 2010 ZX10R with plenty of mods, most recent of them being a Two Brothers Full exhaust. Now my problem lies with the PCV mainly the Autotune protion of it.. I have used the autotune with a slip on in the past and it worked just fine, however with this full exhaust im not getting any trim values using the base map i downloaded from the pcv website (map# 17-004-014). On the PCV software I am getting the A/F Ratio (reading Lean 18.0-19.0 ((a problem..)) ) I am using the CAN TERM plug and is clicked in all the way and secured. AutoTune is Enabled with a warm up temp set at 70.0..
I am not using a switch to move between autotune and base maps..
The red led on the autotune blinks until warm them goes soild.. (as it should)
I noticed at the bottom of the screen it says im connected to 2 devices (PCV and Autotune) i have green light in the system running indicator but where it says Autotune Running it IS NOT illuminated..
I just updated the PCV firmware...

REVIEW:
Autotune is wired correctly: yes ( I am getting A/F Readings)
Autotune CAN TERM plug is in and secure:yes (getting A/F readings as soon as red led goes solid)
Autotune is enabled in the PCV software: yes (checked 10 times)
Bike is warm: yes
PCV firmware is up to date: yes
PCV software is up to date: yes
Is there a map switch installed: nope
are there any system error messages: no

Problem:
Autotune Trim table is all ZEROS after plenty of riding time and my A/f bounces between 18-19 should be more like 13.0-14.0
is my autotune running? and if not how do i get it to do its job?

Thanks for any help you guys have to offer

if you live in ATX and want to ride some time hit me up..

·
Quinton Phuckin Tarantino
18,914 Posts
I know it sounds stupid but are you looking at the tables or the trim tables? When I did this conversion on a Harley it had to run for a couple of days before I got ant trim tables then I had to update it several times before I got s good base map.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I know it sounds stupid but are you looking at the tables or the trim tables? When I did this conversion on a Harley it had to run for a couple of days before I got ant trim tables then I had to update it several times before I got s good base map.
I look at all the tables but the one that caught my eye was the trim table, its all zeros. considering im getting a lean reading of 19:1 I would assume that I would see some sort of + trim on the trim table. also I notced at the bottom of the PCV software there is a status bar. it says im connected to 2 devices and my system is running with no errors, however the autotune running status is not illuminated even with the bike running and had been driven.. and autotune is enabled. im stumped..

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
we only need one thread
your right, I was just trying to get the probelm out there in the cyber world with the hopes of someone knowing how to get this fixed.. if all else fails ill waste my life on the phone with someone from dynojet who is just going to walk me through some newb bs.. I know running lean is more horsepower but im not trying to burn out any of my valves.

·
Administrator
58,646 Posts
It's actually easier to have one thread to look at and not have multiple answers and being cross threaded.
Hope you get it worked out.
If you want the thread in a particular section I can move it for you.

·
Registered
9,979 Posts
Man! I sympathize. Hope you get it figured out.

I hate carbs.

·
Premium Member
5,929 Posts
I had the same thing happen to me when I installed autotune. It turned out that I had used the wrong connector cable to hook the autotune to the pcv. In fact I almost threw away the right cable before I realized it. The cable you want should have been with the autotune package and not the pc packaging. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I had the same thing happen to me when I installed autotune. It turned out that I had used the wrong connector cable to hook the autotune to the pcv. In fact I almost threw away the right cable before I realized it. The cable you want should have been with the autotune package and not the pc packaging. Hope this helps.
hmmm I did use the cable supplied with the autotune to connect it with the PCV as well as the CAN TERM plug.. and it was working (making trims) before I went with the full exhaust.. maybe ill try flipping the connections around when I get off work..

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Problem solved. For those of you who expierence the same problem, the answer is rather easy. Its a simple uninstall of all PCV software on your pc, followed by a effortless reinstall. Did this last night after work as a 'why not' situation and BAM there she went making trims. I'm building maps as I ride and more Importantly no longer running lean :) thank you to the members here who took the time to think about my issue.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts