·
Premium Member
6,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
6,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I do hope he gets what he's asking. That means the rest of ours are worth more than what we think they are.

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
"Power Commander" :rotflmao

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
it doesn't, only works with cars :nana
Mostly Honda Civics, the HP increase isn't as much with American V8's... this is especially so with Hondas with 4 foot rear decklid wings. Because, you know, a front wheel drive car needs all that rear downforce to get traction.

Josh

·
Premium Member
11,231 Posts
WTB 2003 Ninja 1400.

I'll sell my truck, bike, and computer then take out a loan for the first person who can come up with a totally factory version of that mythical beast.

·
Premium Member
11,231 Posts
Mostly Honda Civics, the HP increase isn't as much with American V8's... this is especially so with Hondas with 4 foot rear decklid wings. Because, you know, a front wheel drive car needs all that rear downforce to get traction.

Josh
The mistake in the logic of the wing argument is that they do in fact require downforce at the rear wheels for traction. It just has nothing to do with acceleration.

I just hate it when people try to insult something with poor logic. Yes, I understand it. Yes, I hate ricers too.

But at least use a decent insult, something along the lines of making less torque at the wheels than the average lawn tractor for example.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
The mistake in the logic of the wing argument is that they do in fact require downforce at the rear wheels for traction. It just has nothing to do with acceleration.

I just hate it when people try to insult something with poor logic. Yes, I understand it. Yes, I hate ricers too.

But at least use a decent insult, something along the lines of making less torque at the wheels than the average lawn tractor for example.
Show me a real drag racing Honda Civic or otherwise that uses a REAR wing to gain front wheel drive traction.

Since you took offense to that statement this must be your daily driver...

:rotflmao

Josh

·
Premium Member
11,231 Posts
It's like you just don't bother to fucking read my posts. Goddamn child.

Did you miss this part?
It just has nothing to do with acceleration.
There are other forms of racing than a 1/4 mile you know. But keep on attempting to insult me.
99% of the idiots who slap a wing on their car have never been to a drag strip either. But there are plenty of those who do autocross events much in the same fashion as we do track days.
In case you are too unintelligent to add 2 and 2 together and discover the correct answer, I am saying that just being a front wheel drive car does not make the spoiler non-functional. And nowhere is it specified that a wing or spoiler has to be in place for DOWNFORCE.

Like you or most motorcycle riders can really talk, seeing as most motorcycle mods are purely cosmetic.

And for that matter, spoilers are used on top tier "honda civics" in the interest of aero performance. For reducing drag. But if you wanna just make generalizations about how they only exist for downforce, well... you can feel free to do so.

And I am not a fan of those cars by any means, including the big retarded park bench wings. I am just saying it is a stupid insult.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
It's like you just don't bother to fucking read my posts. Goddamn child.

And I am not a fan of those cars by any means, including the big retarded park bench wings. I am just saying it is a stupid insult.
Kind of like you missed the part about stickers adding horsepower?

Learn to take your own advice...

Josh

·
Premium Member
11,231 Posts
That doesn't even remotely apply to my posts. I did not quote it, therefore I was not referencing it.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
That doesn't even remotely apply to my posts. I did not quote it, therefore I was not referencing it.
It's in reference to this entire thread is to have some fun... why are you ruining it?

You should rename yourself to Buzzkill instead of Queen Queef.

Josh

·
Registered
573 Posts
meh.. i'll leave it alone.. i see whats happening.. and while it's annoying.. its kinda funny that one doesn't know what the other is really doing..:)

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Squidge, I'm glad that I can always count on you to make a boring meaningless thread into something funny and enjoyable.

·
Premium Member
11,231 Posts
He was making a crack at wings on civics, much the same as the joke about stickers adding power.

Problem with the wings joke is that they do apply, and that I have always found that particular insult to be stupid. Not that I don't agree with the sentiment behind it.

Am I missing anything? Seems you guys are.

·
Premium Member
4,271 Posts
ha ha ha ahhhhh

1 - 20 of 25 Posts