Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was looking for an inexpensive B-day gift for my roomates 4yr old kid and came across this thing in the marked down section at the KBtoy store.Well let me tell you I bought it for me and the Captain Jack Sparrow figures are for him.Alright Im sure you're like what the hell did he find...Man did I score!!!I see these helmet cams online for hundreds of dollars and freaked when I saw this thing.Its a tony hawk helmet cam and it holds the same kinda memory card that the digital camcorders have.So the first thing I need to do is get a bigger memory one cuz this one came with a 32mb which doesnt record long.Point is I got it for 10bucks!!!!Brand new they still only cost 100 but still,compared to the professional ones its a steal and it looks great!!! I cant wait to show you guys some of the footage Im gonna have with this thing.I've been playing with it in the house cuz I cant ride due to a hand injury brought on by some weekend project I had.BUT as soon I take it out I promise you guys will be the first to see what 10bucks got me!I cant wait to take a nasty ride with this thing on.Hopefully the wind won't rip it off my helmet but it seems pretty sturdy........OK CHECK OUT #10 reply,Its up for viewing!!!!

·
Registered
366 Posts
Your news has peaked my interest. Please, show us your moves...

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
very interesting

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
I think theres a little bit of a delay in the sound vs the video but its clear as a bell.I am a little wery on the frame capture rate BUT not until this piece of cheap equipment is proved to be worthless can I say if you should be hunting one down or not.Stay tuned I might be on the road by friday or sooner."

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Here it is the moment you've been waiting for!!!

Here it is....At a bad angle but its the first one I've made,and you'll get the idea of what it looks like.I think I'll have to make some kinda rig to get a steady view,probably on the right side of my bike.It's an adjustable elastic belt and sticker that goes around the bottom of my helmet.

·
Registered
21 Posts
It was alright. I think mounting it on your bike would be better. and wrap the microphone in something to try and eliminate the wind noise. it looks like it shifted on your helmet.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Does this cam still work good? I am thinking about buying one to put on the front of the track bike!!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Works fine, I just need to find a stable spot to mount it!!!!!:thumbup Check out Ebay they sell them pretty cheap on there.Just type in tony hawk helmet cam.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Not bad for 10 bucks. Theres a KB right around the corner from my work. I think I might just have to leave a few minutes early this evening and make a stop.

·
Registered
438 Posts
I went to the local KB yesterday and picked one of these up for $20. Forgot to get batteries so I didnt get to play with it today before dark but Ive got it mounted on the right side and Ive played around with it in the house and its not bad. Just gonna have to get a bigger memory stick now, 32MB doesnt last very long.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts