Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a little project tonight. My armory has a shitty parking lot (soft), we have a few guys who ride alot, and the kick stands sink in during the summer. So they decided to add some motorcycle parking spots (4). I was worried about tipping over so i made these little devils for the spots. Oh and if anyone has ever seen the movie "When Trumpets Fade", its about the 28th ID.

Making sure the metal was thick enough for the task.

Because i was going to powder coat them both sides, and had no bolt holes like most my powder projects, i welded a nail onto the bottom sides to attach the hangers... then just broke them off at the end, and ill slap a splash of red paint on the spot later..

"Bloody Bucket" red powder application.. And man stud

Yucky garage over for baking non consumables

FINISHED!

Fun little evening project. The biggest pain in the ass was cutting those keystones out. I ended up going to Staples with an image, had them size it, and then just cut it out real nice like. Ran one of those big sharpies over the edges to mark it, cutting wheel and a little grindin', and thats all she wrote..

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Nice!

I've seen that where the kickstand is half sunk into the asphalt. Good idea!

Josh

·
Premium Member
4,271 Posts
I use a round plastic one $4 I think it was ... yours do the same job but look a hell better

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If i was carrying it around, id have the plastic one too. These will get set in the parking spaces for a first come first serve VIP experience, and stay there till someone steals them.

·
Premium Member
4,271 Posts
If i was carrying it around, id have the plastic one too. These will get set in the parking spaces for a first come first serve VIP experience, and stay there till someone steals them.
:lol
weld a peg on them n hammer them in... might stay a litle longer

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nepa, Hazleton Wilkes barre area.. You?

·
Premium Member
8,388 Posts
usually just found crushed soda cans around the yard and used them. but that does look much better than the can i kept under my stand all last year

·
Registered
279 Posts
Ha! I also used to root around in the weeds by the lot at work for old cans. Now I just carry a small anodized steel rectangle, some leftover piece from an old car-top carrier.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Why not weld a small flat plate to the bottom of the kickstand itself? My friends GSXR has a one stock that works pretty good.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts