Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Knocks on start

• Replaced engine

Third engine

2K views 19 replies 10 participants last post by  zx900 turbo 
#1 ·
I have a 2007 Zx14 that I bought brand new. On start up the bike sounds like someone put all their loose bolts in my crankcase since day one. I had to replace the motor at just around 10 miles. Now that replacement has thrown a rod threw my case again. I’m not putting a third engine in this piece of crap. I’d suggest y’all get what you can for these pieces of shit while you can. I’ll never buy Kawasaki again!

#10 ·
I find that hard to believe that the motor was replaced at 10 miles. That problem would have been picked up by the dealer before it was sold. There are many people that drag race the zx-14. They beat the shit out of these bikes and they still keep running. Most of them anyway. Abusing a motor like this will cause problems sooner or later. Some people don't seem to understand this.

#14 ·
I have a perfectly-running '07 engine that would drop right in. All I have to do is clean it up and finish the crate. Or he could sell me his bike with the trashed engine and I wouldn't have to drain the oil which only has 500 miles of use.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.