Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys

I'm looking for some advice regarding a bike I am thinking of buying.
It's a 2009 ZX10R in orange, with 40,000 miles, It's had 4 previous owners, last service carried out at 35,000 miles included valve service.
I have had multiple sports bikes in the past: R1, 954, GSXR1K, but never owned a Kawasaki, also never owned a bike with over 20K miles.
If anyone could share their thoughts and opinions I would be eager to hear before the bike sells.
I have searched multiple forums and the general consensus seems to be that 40K for this bike is no big deal.

Here is the ebay link: Kawasaki ZX10-R 2009 E8F | eBay

I should have mentioned that due to Covid restrictions here, I am unable to go see the bike, so this would be an online purchase.

Any help appreciated

Will

·
Registered
1993 Zx-7 L Model, 2006 ZX-10R
3,371 Posts
Pretty solid bike for that year and mileage. What do you think about the price?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Be interested to know how much the valves were out at 35k if at all.

FWIW Cycle World did a complete strip down of a 600RR at 50k miles a few years ago to measure wear. They could find no measurable motor wear. A properly maintained bike's motor will essentially last forever.

Now this bike was probably perfectly maintained but it was also tracked and ridden hard by good riders.

FWIW Part 2: There's guy on YouTube with a Honda F4i that still has the analog odo. He makes a video every 50k. He's at 350k miles. No motor work and the original clutch.

So at 40k most bikes are just broken in.

I've had a half dozen bikes with higher mileage than that, including an 88 ZX10. All ran as good the day I sold them as the day I bought them.

Mileage really only affects resale. If it's a long term keeper for you don't worry about it.

·
6,802 Posts
It depends on how it was treated. If nicely, the first adjustment was the most important

·
Registered
3,762 Posts
My ZX-11 has a pinch over 70k miles on here and is still good to go. You can tell a LOT about how a bike was maintained by the condition of its chain. Well adjusted, lubed chain mean the Owner actually gave a shit about the bike. 10R's have a tendency to be ridden HARD,,,, cuz thats what they were made for...

·
Premium Member
4,290 Posts
Hi guys
It's a 2009 ZX10R in orange, with 40,000 miles, It's had 4 previous owners, last service carried out at 35,000 miles included valve service.

I have searched multiple forums and the general consensus seems to be that 40K for this bike is no big deal.

Here is the ebay link: Kawasaki ZX10-R 2009 E8F | eBay

I should have mentioned that due to Covid restrictions here, I am unable to go see the bike, so this would be an online purchase.

Any help appreciated

Will
my only reserve is the 4 owners ... aside from that at 40K the motor should still be fine... did you get the bike??

1 - 6 of 6 Posts