Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey im ridin an 05 636. i've always loved the 04/05 10, and the 06/07 10 has grown on me. i know the potential of an 04/05 never rode one though but do know the capabilities. i've heared that the 06's seemed toned down a bit and the older ones are wild animals. i've always been leary about used items so im really considering a left over 06 or new 07, guys bless me with some knowledge please thanks :headscratch

·
Registered
379 Posts
Hey Yoshed636. I used to have the 05 636 and that is a very cool bike i must say but i have also always had a thing for the 04, 05 ZX10. It looks and feel more like a killer thing. I have just traded my 636 in for an 04 10 and it is totally different. The 10 that i got has about 11000 KM on the clock but it has had some work doe to it so it has about 170bhp on the wheel. First thing i would suggest is a steering damper and power commander. Standerd the power is like an on off switch so with the PC it flattens out the delivery of power and makes it more useable and the damper stops the front from slapping you around when you come out of the bends.

The front end is light so it likes to lift and when you put it down it shakes a bit. The motors are very strong and very reliable so you should have no issues with them. The regulator is a bit weak and gets a bit noisy but never realy gives any problems.

Also make sure that you have a decent set of rubber on it and i have found that in all honesty the Dunlop Qualifiers 190/50.17 are great. I have always hated Dunlop rubber but a friend if mine who races and preps the 1000cc national bikes here in South Africa said to me that these work on the 10.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have an '04 10r and love it. As Kenny said, get a damper for it, I have a GPR and it works well. In fact, order the damper before you even pick up the bike and put it on at the dealership.

The looks of the '06/'07s are growing on me as well and I do like the new red one quite a bit, but I still prefer the previous model. I used to think the newer ones were solid performers, but then I rode with Beansbaxter and now I think otherwise :lol

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
^^^ :rotflmao +1 :lol

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hey man I have a 05 ZX10 and I absolutely love it. I am not as experienced as I should have been when I got it as I started riding in April of 06 on a Ninja 250R "moped" before buying the 10. Of course I bought it because it was supposed to be the baddest bike without being a hideous Busa (I hate them btw). None the less I have found it easy to drive and have not put a stabilizer on yet ( but I will this year). If you are used to the 636 you'll love the 10 because it feels similar just of course with more power.

Good luck man. The 06's are cool that ohlin's stabilizer costs 550 bones and comes with it, plus those dual cans are sweet if you ask me. I love the 05 but I'd trade someone definately for an 06 or 07.

·
Registered
14 Posts
i owned a 06zx10r before it got stolen on jan 6, 07. It was a great bike. I was -1front and +2rear. Lowered 3inches, stock wheelbase, stock exhaust, and ran 6.3 in the 1/8. Its a damn good bike, but next time im looking into the 14. Right now im trying to purcahse a house and gotta see how funds are going to be first. I would suggest that purchase!!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I had the gixer k1 600 and the k4 750,both a great bike but since owning the 10r its changed my thoughts!!This bike is wicked,i love it.I havent put a damper on it as of yet,ive had a few moments on it but nothing scary to really need one.one thing i have done is change the OE tires to dunlop qualifiers which has tamed the front end down loads,suspension is pretty hard as standard which is how ive left it,all in all a great bike,good luck mate

·
Registered
288 Posts
i love my 06 :smile it has just as much power as the 04/05 if not more :thefinger . just because something is a little more refined and easier to control or handle doesn't mean it still can't kick some ass.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts