Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I have a 2006 zx10r with a single can two brothers exhaust. As I am riding I am I can hear What seems like a crackling sound coming from exhaust while just riding steady on the throttle. And also when I lay on the throttle and let off I get a back firing and popping almost every time Wondering if anyone knew what was causing this??

·
Registered
224 Posts
Yeah a lot of guys just put marbles in the tubes and block the Kleen air deal. I had my motor out so we just tapped and plugged the holes on the valve cover and it fixed the pop issue. Pretty cool watching flames shoot out of the exhaust but it will blow all your packing out after a while.

·
#1 BMW Traitor
6,376 Posts
Yeah a lot of guys just put marbles in the tubes and block the Kleen air deal. I had my motor out so we just tapped and plugged the holes on the valve cover and it fixed the pop issue. Pretty cool watching flames shoot out of the exhaust but it will blow all your packing out after a while.
This...

I did the marble trick on my Gen4 and it did clean up 90% of the popping. Just make sure the marble goes into the correct hose

:grin2:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts